Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?
|Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?|
|Genre||Drama, Action, Suspense, Romance|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Directed by||Maryo J. Delos Reyes|
|Theme music composer||George Canseco|
"Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin"|
by Mae Flores
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Running time||25–35 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||March 2 – June 19, 2009|
Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin? or Second Chances (international title) is a Philippine suspense drama series aired on GMA Network. It aired from March 2, 2009 to June 19, 2009. This is the first starring roles of StarStruck Aljur Abrenica and Kris Bernal. This is a revival of a Sharon Cuneta and Gabby Concepcion movie from the mid 80's. The series was aired internationally, with a four-day delay, from March 6, 2009 until June 25, 2009 on GMA Pinoy TV.
The series begins with Myrna Ramos (Kris Bernal) falling in love with her classmate, Miguelito "Lito" Sanchez (Aljur Abrenica). Soon, Myrna's father (Juan Rodrigo) discovered Myrna and Lito's relationship and he quickly tears their relationship apart. But still, Myrna and Lito still dated each other secretly. Soon, Lito proposes to marry Myrna. Myrna agrees and they got married. But they faces a lot of problems after getting married. Lito mostly spends time with his friends and he falls in love with Glacilda Bautista (Ara Mina). Glacilda would cause trouble for Lito and Myrna's relationship. Meanwhile, Myrna also mostly hang out with friends and she became best friends with the handsome and kind Kiko Claro (Paulo Avelino). It causes a threat for Lito since he thinks Kiko and Myrna have a love relationship.
In the last few episodes, Kiko almost marries Myrna but she refuses to marry him and leaves him at the altar to be with her true love Lito. She and Lito get reunited. Kiko becomes angry at the unsuccessful wedding and informs Glacilda that Myrna and Lito have reunited. This makes Glacilda really mad and goes Myrna's house and almost kidnaps Myrna's baby, Joshua. It was unsuccessful because Myrna's father has a gun and kicked Glacilda out of the house. The next day, Kiko kidnaps Baby Joshua and tells Glacilda. She tells Kiko to meet her at her rest house where her fugitive brother, Phil (Carlo Aquino) and his friends are hiding. Here they plot their revenge on the happy couple. Kiko calls Myrna that he has Baby Joshua. When Myrna arrives, Glacilda ties her to a bed. Kiko almost rapes Myrna but she reminds him of what happened to his sister (Jana Roxas) who was raped by Phil and his friends which later commits suicide. Kiko regains his senses and helps Myrna and Baby Joshua escape. Meanwhile, Lito comes to the rest house to retrieve his wife and son but is captured and is then being beaten and tortured by Phil and his friends. Then, Yanboy (Dart Zia), one of Phil's friends, sees Kiko with a gun. Kiko forces them to release Lito and kills Glacilda's best friend, Anina (Say Alonzo). Kiko lets the couple, now with Baby Joshua, run away as he holds the rest of the group at gunpoint. Phil suddenly gets the upperhand and kills Kiko for killing Anina. The group gives chase. Lito, using the moves he acquired when playing paintball, is able to kill Phil's two friends but Phil is able to get behind him. Glacilda sees Phil about to shoot Lito and accidentally kills her brother. She cries over the death of her brother and randomly blames Lito for it. As Myrna and Baby Joshua appear from hiding, Glacilda shoots Baby Joshua and Lito shoots Glacilda in retaliation. Baby Joshua survives the gunshot. After all the action, Myrna finally remarries Lito. Meanwhile, Glacilda survives but has now become a homeless lunatic.
- Aljur Abrenica as Miguelito "Lito" Sanchez - A guy who always hang out with his friends. Lito is Myrna's fiancee. But he had impregnated Myrna and forced to marry her due to the baby. But after sometime, he had to forget his family because he was too young to become a father and hang out again with his friends. He had an affair to Glacilda.
- Kris Bernal as Mary Ann Mariano - Mary Ann is a young sweet and kind lady. Her father doesn't like her relationship with Lito but accidentally got pregnant. His friend, Kiko, had fallen in love with her and did kindness so Mary Ann could feel that Kiko loved her than Lito.
- Ara Mina as Glacilda Bautista - Glacilda is a jealous lady. She had loved Lito and took Lito away from Myrna. She had become homeless at the last episode.
- Paulo Avelino as Kiko Claro
- Mike Tan as Bong Ramos
- Juan Rodrigo as Rene Ramos
- Mariz Ricketts as Linda Ramos
- Lloyd Samartino as Don Eddie Sanchez
- Maritoni Fernandez as Doña Connie Sanchez / Ms. Constance
- Carlo Aquino as Philippe "Phil" Bautista
- Maybelyn Dela Cruz as Cherry Ramos
- Rhea Nakpil as Encar
- Jana Roxas as Antonia Claro
- Krystal Reyes as Angeli Claro
- Say Alonzo as Anina
- Jake Vargas as Elmer Ramos
- Matutina as Yaya Sima
- Dart Zia as Yanboy
- Kiko Junio as Ovige
- Lawrence Gutierrez as Migs
- Pen Medina as Tata Teryo
- Julio Diaz as Rafael Bautista
- Ana Capri as Jessa
- Boy Roque as Phil's Jailmate
- The highest rated Sine Novela series on Mega Manila, beating Saan Darating Ang Umaga?, with an impressive 32.4% last April 30 beating even primetime shows on both GMA Network & ABS-CBN.
The theme song of the soap opera with the same title originally performed by Sharon Cuneta and revived by Angeline Quinto.
- Sharon Cuneta as Myrna Pascua 
- Gabby Concepcion as Lito Salazar
- Chanda Romero as Glacilda Gancayco
- Vic Silayan as Don Victor
- Rez Cortez as Phil
- Mon Alvir as Jun
- Celia Rodriguez as Donya Linda
- Marissa Delgado as Rosario Pascua