Valiente (1992 TV series)
|Genre||Action, Drama, Romance, Mystery, Teledrama|
|Created by||Television and Production Exponents (TAPE) Inc.|
"Valiente" sung by|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||February 10, 1992 – September 12, 1997|
|Related shows||Valiente (2012)|
Valiente is a Philippine teledrama which originally aired on ABS-CBN from 1992 to 1995 and transferred to GMA Network from 1995 until its last episode in 1997. It was produced by TAPE Inc.
The soap's story centered on two best friends: Theo Braganza and Gardo Valiente, whose lives are opposite from one another. Theo was born rich, a playboy and was groomed as an heir to one of the biggest haciendas, Hacienda Braganza. Gardo on the other hand, was born poor, God-fearing and was poised to take over his father Damian as one of Hacienda Braganza's workers. Despite their differences, Gardo and Theo treated each other like brothers until Gardo falls for Theo's youngest sister, Maila. Their relationship was doomed from the start as Theo never liked Maila for Gardo as he preferred Maila's elder sister Leona to fall for his friend. The conflict turned for the worse as an uprising occurred in Hacienda Braganza which caused the death of Gardo's father Damian and scarred Gardo's face after a battle with Theo.
Gardo later on planned his revenge during Theo's wedding with Elaine. However, the bloodshed resulted in both Maila and Leona's death and the Braganza matriarch Donya Trinidad (who was killed before the wedding of Theo and Elaine). Since then, the two men had vowed revenge against one another and fight till the last breath.
In the final episode, Gardo succeeded at the end, while Theo was dead after his last wish.
- Michael de Mesa as Gardo Valiente
- Tirso Cruz III as Theo Braganza
- Glenda Garcia as Leona Braganza
- Mariz Ricketts as Maila Braganza-Valiente
- Odette Khan as Donya Trinidad "Trini" Braganza
- Jean Garcia as Elaine Velasquez-Braganza
- Ruben Rustia† as Damian Valiente
- Renato del Prado as Pepito "Peping" Ramirez
- Aris Cuevas as Badong
- Jose Manalo
- Various as Armando Braganza
- Marissa Sanchez as Vivian
- Augusto Victa as Atty. Fidel Dioquino
- Eugene Domingo as Dolores
- Alma Lerma as Adeling
- Marlon Mance as Dino
- Lucita Soriano as Nena
- Richard Arellano as Crisanto
- Simon Serrano as Bugoy (11 episodes only)
- Rustom Padilla as Dr. Albert Rosales
- Liza Ranillo as Cita
- Jeniffer Mendoza as Celia
- Patricia Ann Roque as Lea
- Karina "Kara" Cruz as Chona
- John Arcilla as Froilan / Benjie
- Robert Arevalo as Cenon (Chona's father)
- Maggie Dela Riva
- Tet Antiquiera †
- Rochelle Barrameda
- Romy Mallari as Lea's adoptive father
- Jean Saburit as Lea's adoptive and wicked mother
- Berting Labra†
- Sunshine Dizon as Young Leona
- Atong Redillas as Young Theo
- Various as Young Gardo
Valiente was co-produced and broadcast by ABS-CBN in 1992 as a replacement for another TAPE-produced drama Agila after Mara Clara from August 17 until January 27, 1995 and before Anna Luna from 1989 until 1994. It was playing with the most known TAPE-produced TV show Eat Bulaga! and sitcom Okay Ka Fairy Ko. When TAPE disagreed with ABS-CBN’s request to buy the rights of Eat Bulaga! from them, Valiente, along with Eat Bulaga! and Okay Ka Fairy Ko, started to be co-produced and broadcast by GMA Network on January 28, 1995. The final episode happened on September 12, 1997.
The remake of the said soap was bought by TV5.
- List of programs aired by ABS-CBN
- List of programs aired by GMA Network
- TAPE Inc.
- List of telenovelas of ABS-CBN
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network