La Vendetta (TV series)
Love and Vengeance
|Genre||Drama, Horror, Suspense, Thriller|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||RJ Nuevas|
Gil Tejada, Jr.|
Topel Lee (pilot)
and Sunshine Dizon
|Theme music composer||Mark Lopez|
"P.S. I Love You"|
sung by Jennylyn Mercado
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||60 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Winnie Hollis-Reyes|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||October 29, 2007 – January 18, 2008|
La Vendetta is a Filipino drama-suspense-thriller-horror series produced by GMA Network. Starring Jean Garcia, Jennylyn Mercado, and Sunshine Dizon.The series premiered October 29, 2007 and concluded on January 18, 2008. The series is an experimental soap opera from as it is the first series in the Philippines to use the genre of Horror suspense-thriller. It was aired with a one-week delay on GMA Pinoy TV worldwide. The series consist 60 episodes completing the first season. From July 1, 2011 until September 22, 2011 it was re-aired on GMA Life TV worldwide.
The production started late September, while filming started on October 12 for an October 29 airing - incredibly short for a primetime series. But, in fact, the production was conceived long before 2005, and had to be postponed because of the "boom" of telefantasyas.
This series is the much-awaited come-back series for Jennylyn Mercado after the feud between her manager and GMA Network, her role was expected to recurred but while the series is ongoing her character was upgraded into a series regular. This is also Sunshine Dizon's new series after the recently concluded Impostora.
- Directed by: Gil Tejada, Jr., Lore Reyes and Topel Lee
- Executive-in-charge of Production: Wilma Galvante
- Production Manager: Rams David
- Executive Producer: Winnie Hollis-Reyes
- Creative Consultants: Anette Gozon-Abrogar and Jun Lana
- Head Writer: RJ Nuevas
- Writers: Suzette Doctolero, Dode Cruz and Tina Velasco
- Musical Director: Richard Gonzales
The only thing that made the Cardinale sisters siblings is their surname. Amanda is the eldest but her mother died so her father married a new woman and had two younger half-sisters, Eloisa and Almira. Amanda always taunts Eloisa but her head strong younger sister Almira always defends her elder sister. This sibling rivalry for their father's love and for the chance to become heiress to their great fortune will further escalate their quarrels until one fateful night, Almira will be found dead. All the evidence point to Eloisa but all the motives point to Amanda. The investigation will further unearth all the secrets the family has been hiding for decades. They even discover that their friends and family aren't so innocent after all. Light will be shed on the mystery but one by one, but all who know about the crime or could give light to the investigation all end up dead. A masked killer threatens all of them. But who is the Man in Black? What is the killer's real motive? And will the remaining sisters prevail or will they also end up dead?
Cast of Characters
- Sunshine Dizon as Eloisa Salumbides-Cardinale
- Jean Garcia as Amanda Cardinale
- Jennylyn Mercado as Almira Cardinale
- Dante Rivero as Edwin Cardinale
- Caridad Sanchez as Nana Mildred
- Lotlot de Leon as Rodora Alhambra
- Rustom Padilla as Alfie Camba
- Paolo Contis as Junjun Sabino
- Angelica Jones as Gerta Lamismis
- Wendell Ramos as Rigo Bayani
- Chynna Ortaleza as Joanna Alumpihit
- Luis Alandy as Ariel Guevarra
- Polo Ravales as Gabby Trajano
- Ynna Asistio as Alex Cardinale
- Joseph Marco as Santi Domingo
- Ella Guevara as Jessie Cardinale
- Snooky Serna as Janet Salumbides
- Mark Herras as Galo Alumpihit
- Krystal Reyes as young Eloisa
- Hazel Ann Mendoza as teen Amanda
- Karen delos Reyes as Andrea
- Sheila Marie Rodriguez as Alona
- Jenny Miller as Mariel
- Miguel Tanfelix as young Junjun
- Slick Rick Hontiveros as Cheng
- Deborah Sun as Alice Bayani
- Maricel Morales as Rebecca
- Jen Rosendahl as Vicky
- Gene Padilla as Dodong
- Nicole Dulalia as Young Rodora
- Iya Villania
- Joy Folloso as young Amanda
- Jelaine Santos as Gigi
- Cheska Inigo as Madam Jaydine
- Jennylyn Mercado's character died to give way for her maternity leave
- This is second soap opera of Jean Garcia in GMA, the first was Impostora
- Mark Herras `extra' na lang sa buhay ni Jennylyn, journal.com.ph, Accessed last September 28, 2007.
- La Vendetta airs its finale week starting January 7
- "La Vendetta" starts taping October 12, major cast roles revealed, pep.ph, Accessed October 11, 2007.
- Ara, may tampo sa Siyete, journal.com.ph, Accessed last September 28, 2007.
- Rustom Padilla joins the growing cast of La Vendetta, pep.ph, Accessed October 2, 2007.
- Luis, natawa sa pagka-link kay Paolo, abante-tonite.com, Accessed October 6, 2007.
- Sheryl Cruz accepts ABS-CBN's offer but will return to GMA-7, pep.ph, Accessed last September 28, 2007.
- Jean Garcia replaces Sheryl Cruz in "La Vendetta", pep.ph, Accessed last September 30, 2007.
- Jennylyn Mercado returns to primetime TV via GMA-7's "La Vendetta", pep.ph, Accessed last September 28, 2007.
- Pamilya, ’di apektado ng magulong lovelife ni Vina, journal.com.ph, Accessed October 6, 2007.
- Mark, suportado ni EB Babe Lian, abante-tonite.com, Accessed October 6, 2007.
- Non-showbiz GF, karay-karay ni Wendell sa taping, journal.com.ph, Accessed October 18, 2007.