and Angelika dela Cruz
|Opening theme||"Tangi Kong Hiling" by Julie Anne San Jose|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||83 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
Metro Manila, Philippines|
Santa Maria, Bulacan, Philippines
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30–45 minutes (approx. 25 minutes w/o commercials)|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||January 10 – May 6, 2011|
Dwarfina is a telefantasya produced by GMA Network starring Heart Evangelista and Dennis Trillo with Angelika dela Cruz. The show was originally to be aired November 2010 but was postponed to January 10, 2011. The show premiered on January 12, 2011 on GMA Pinoy TV, two days after its original airdate. After quite a successful run, it is set to be replaced by Munting Heredera and the series ended on May 6, 2011. It ran for seventeen weeks with the total of 83 episodes.
The story begins with Kardo (Cris Villanueva) and Marissa (Janice de Belen), a couple who has always wanted to bear a child. One day, Marissa accidentally destroys a mound believed to be a nuno sa punso, killing the daughter of Calixto (Jestoni Alarcon) and Abiana (Jackielou Blanco), the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of duwendes.
Abiana and Calixto are left devastated as this marks the end of their reign as well as chaos in the land of the duwendes. Knowing that the women in the duwende world can only bear one child in their lifetime, Abiana uses her power to curse Marissa’s child so she can take the baby and replace it with the dead princess.
Abiana steals Dwarfina (Heart Evangelista) upon birth and presents it as their princess, much to the surprise of Romera (Angelika dela Cruz). Romera is the one who is truly responsible for the death of Abiana’s daughter, aware that once the death of the real princess comes out, Calixto and Abiana will be forced out of their throne and she will become the new queen.
Calixto, however, is filled with remorse upon seeing how much Marissa and Kardo love their child. The royal duwende couple then decides to return Dwarfina to her family while keeping everything as a secret from the duwendes.
Despite being born with one glaring abnormality that is her height, Dwarfina grows up with the love and support of her family and friends, especially her best friend Lyndon (Dennis Trillo). This causes Lucille (Iwa Moto), Marissa and Kardo’s adopted daughter, to harbor jealousy toward her sister prompting her to throw Dwarfina into a river, hurting her father Kardo in the process. Lucille puts the blame on Dwarfina, who is then helplessly carried away by the raging rapids, never to be seen by her family again.
Fortunately, Elvin (Will Devaughn), a young dwarf who has always looked after Dwarfina, finds her and takes her back to their supernatural world. By this time, the duwendes are all waiting for the seven-year-old princess to be presented to them as dictated by their custom.
With the elder dwarf Nuno Umberto’s (Tony Mabesa) blessing, Calixto feeds Dwarfina a special black rice cake which replaces all memories from her past with memories of growing up in the duwende world. Dwarfina is finally presented as Ditu Calixto and Abiana’s daughter, thwarting all of Romera’s evil plans for revolt.
But for how long can Calixto and Abiana keep Dwarfina’s real identity a secret from everyone, including Dwarfina? If she does find out, will Dwarfina choose to remain in Kalibut-an as their princess, adored and revered, or will she return to the earthly world and reunite with her loved ones?
The show is inspired by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Thumbelina.
- Heart Evangelista as Dwarfina/Yna/Fina
- Dennis Trillo as Lyndon
- Angelika dela Cruz as Romera
- Pauleen Luna as Gwendina
- Iwa Moto as Lucille
- Will Devaughn as Elvin
- Janice de Belen as Marissa
- Chanda Romero as Selya
- Tony Mabesa as Nuno Umberto
- Jestoni Alarcon as Dito Calixto
- Jackielou Blanco as Dita Aviana
- Emilio Garcia as Hulyanto
- Cris Villanueva as Kardo
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Dwenkikay
- Bearwin Meily as Willy
- Gerard Pizarras as Marcell
- Mark Bautista as Estong
- Vaness del Moral as Kamila
- Mico Aytona as Dwentukin
- Derick Monasterio as Darius
- Kylie Padilla as Chloe Agustin
- Yogo Singh as Buddy
- Connie Del Carmen as young Fina / Dwarfina
- John Manalo as young Lyndon
- Christine Joy De Guzman as young Lucille
- Princess Gamboa as Young Dita
- Lala Tan as Young Kmila
- Bella Flores as Flora
- Jaya as Lelang Gorya
- Benjie Paras
- Vince de Jesus
- Patricia Ysmael
- Sam YG
- Katrina Halili
- Mel Martinez
- John Feir
- Marvin Keifer
- KC Thadani
- Gene Padilla
- Fabio Ide as Dwenstein / Dwendelstilskin
- Isabel Frial
- Jhiz Deocareza
- Kurt Daniel Ocampo
- Joseph Ison
- Michael Roy
- Lani Mercado as Andrea
- Lloyd Samartino as Ramon
- Pat Ortiz as Disa Fredelia
- Sheena Halili as Sabrina
The show premiered on January 10, 2011 with a rating of 15.4% versus 9.1% of the rival show, Noah. The show continued on being the no. 1 in its pilot week from January 10–14, 2011 and even though it is being beaten by its newest rival show, Mara Clara, the show still performs well and is included in the Top Ten Primetime Programs.
- ↑ http://celebrity.philbuzz.com/celebrity/heart-evangelista-and-dennis-trillo-topbill-gma%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98dwarfina%E2%80%99/
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=619856
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/7998/dwarfina-embarks-on-a-larger-than-life-adventure-in-the-show%26%2339%3bs-remaining-weeks
- ↑ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=247
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/news/27659/Iwa-Moto-on-the-neverending-rumor-about-her:-Uulitin-ko,-hindi-po-ako-kasal,-hindi-po-ako-buntis.
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/7471/agb-nielsen-mega-manila-people-ratings-jan-10-13-dwarfina-makes-a-big-impact-the-baker-king-invades-primetime
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/guide/agb/7804/agb-nielsen-mega-manila-people-ratings-march-8-10-mara-clara-soars-higher-temptation-of-wife-keeps-lead
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/news/28954/AGB-Nielsen-Mega-Manila-People-&-Household-Ratings-(April-1-4):-Kapuso-shows-still-dominate-daytime;-%3Cem%3EMara-Clara%3C-em%3E-keeps-lead-in-primetime