Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?
|Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
|Theme music composer||Tata Betita|
|Opening theme||"Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?" by Jennylyn Mercado|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||25-35 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||February 16 – June 5, 2009|
Paano Ba Ang Mangarap? or Without Your Love (international title) is a Philippine drama on GMA Network. This is the twelfth installment of Sine Novela. The original movie was released in 1983. The series was aired internationally on GMA Life TV.
The story was originally done in the big screen back in 1983 which was led by the Star for All Seasons Vilma Santos and award-winning actor Christopher de Leon with late-seasoned actor Jay Ilagan. The movie received one award and one nomination: in FAP Awards, Philippines as Best in Cinematography by Romeo Vitug and Eddie Garcia was one of the Best Director nominees.
Despite their different social backgrounds, Lissa (Jennylyn Mercado) and Benny (Hero Angeles) have found their match in each other. Unfortunately, Benny dies before they could marry, and Lissa is left with no choice but to seek the help of Benny's parents. Their arrogance is as lofty as their fortune, and to them, Lissa is nothing but an opportunist. Their only concern is their late son's unborn child that Lissa is carrying. The only person who treats Lissa with kindness is Eric (Mark Herras), Benny's brother, who has secretly fallen in love with her. Eric made a promise to Benny that he would find Lissa and take good care of her, a promise that Eric vowed he will never break.
- Jennylyn Mercado as Elizabeth "Lissa" Estrella-Valderama (lead female protagonist)
- Mark Herras as Eric Valderama (lead male protagonist)
- Chynna Ortaleza as Maya Benitez (main antagonist)
- Tirso Cruz III as Don Mateo Valderama
- Bing Loyzaga as Doña Francia Valderama
- Rainier Castillo as Vince Galton
- Irma Adlawan as Ising Estrella (antagonist)
- Emilio Garcia as Ramon Tolibas (antagonist)
- Jan Marini Alano as Gemma Estrella
- Jay Aquitania as Ardi
- Jim Pebangco as Gardo
- Ysa Villar as Glaiza
- Dang Cruz as Gloria
- Chinggoy Diego as Tindeng
- Menggie Cobarrubas
- Hero Angeles as Benjamin "Benny" Valderama
- Vilma Santos as Lisa
- Christopher de Leon as Eric
- Jay Ilagan as Benny
- Amy Austria as Maya Benitez
- Armida Siguion-Reyna as Doña Francia
- Victor Silayan as Don Mateo
This is the comeback project of Jennylyn Mercado after giving birth and the return of her loveteam with Mark Herras. The series received a commendation letter from the CEO of GMA Network. Paano Ba Ang Mangarap? was the second highest rating Sine Novela ever made, reaching 28.2%.