Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan (TV series)
|Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan?|
|Also known as||Love Me Again|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Don Michael Perez|
|Directed by||Gil Tejada Jr.|
"Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan?"|
by La Diva
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||100|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Running time||25-35 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||June 23 – November 7, 2008|
Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan? or Love Me Again (International title) is a Philippine drama on GMA Network, and the ninth installment of Sine Novela. The original movie was released back in 1982. From June 30, 2008 until November 14, 2008, the series was aired with a one-week delay on GMA Pinoy TV worldwide.
With director Gil Tejada Jr. at the helm, Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan is about the intertwined love and lives of Louie (Marvin Agustin), Lily (Camille Pratts) and Elsa (Diana Zubiri). Elsa and Lily are best friends despite their social differences. Elsa's family owns the hospital where Lily and her boyfriend Louie work as a nurse and as a doctor respectively. Unknown to Lily, Elsa is secretly in love with Louie and will even plan a scheme to send the nurse away.
Lily, who dreams of being wealthy, grabs the opportunity when she gets an offer to work abroad. But Louie opposes her decision and their misunderstanding leads to separation. Elsa then finds the chance she has been longing for—to get Louie's affection.
Several months later, Lily returns to the country hoping she could be with the man she loves. But she will discover that her best friend and her boyfriend will get married soon, and she decides never to bother them again.
But time and destiny seem to have their way of leading people back together. Several years later, Lily's child Alvin (Bryan Spark Ortile) will be diagnosed to have a fatal heart problem. The only thing that Alvin wishes is to meet his father, which Lily couldn't give until Elsa, who cannot bear a child, learns about her problem. Elsa then offers her former best friend an irresistible proposal: to lend her husband Louie to pose as Alvin's father.
For the sake of her son, Lily gives in to the proposal.
Louie, Lily and Alvin will be living in the same house. The former couple will pretend they are in love with each other especially when they are with Alvin. But will their make-believe relationship lead to something real? Will Elsa ever regret lending her husband to Lily? Who will Louie end up with: Elsa or Lily?
- Dr. Louis Antonio "Louie" Almeda (Marvin Agustin): Louie is in love with a woman who values her career more than her heart; when presented with a choice of his own, he picks the easy way. But when his past and his present combine to make his life chaotic, will Louie finally choose what is right for him? Or will he continue to be the man who follows the whims of others and never his own?
- Lily Medrano/Cervantes (Camille Prats): Lily knows that life waits for no one, and when given the choice between love and career, she picks the practical path and pays the price with her heart. Fate has a very twisted sense of humor though, and she is once again put on a collision path with her past. Will Lily turn her head away from love again? Or will she grab what is given to her, however false it may be? She founds out that she is the daughter of Emilio and Andrea. And she is a true Cervantes.
- Elsa Cervantes-Almeda (Diana Zubiri): Elsa wants what she can't have: the love of the man she desires. But there are always ways to get what she wants. Yet life throws a curveball when she realizes that she must place her faith in the man who never loved her and the woman who originally held her husband's heart. Will Elsa learn that life asks a hefty price for things that was never intended for her?
- Dra. Gloria Cervantes (Sandy Andolong): Gloria is living life vicariously through her daughter — and whatever her daughter wants she gives. Even when her daughter asks for too much, Gloria is willing to give it to her to keep her happy. But for how long will Gloria turn a blind eye to her daughter's morals?
- Charley Villanueva-Paterno (Maybeline Dela Cruz): Charley plays confidante to a woman who csn't choose from right or wrong, a role that proves to be too taxing without a man to call her own. And when she does find a man for herself, will she still be able to be the one her friend can call for help?
- Eric Paterno (Biboy Ramirez): Eric looks dangerous, and he probably is. His rough exterior is contrasted with a kind demeanor that can get any girl to fall for him. But are his rugged ways only on the outside or does the danger that he exudes sink deeper than the eyes can see?
- Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Romero (Victor Aliwalas): Tommy knows how to play by the rules — what can be his and what cannot. But when he meets a woman whose morals are compromised by extraordinary circumstances, how long can he uphold the values he grew up with? Or will he fall into the depths of ambiguous morals as well?
- Margarita Mendoza (Andrea del Rosario): A woman admired by Louie. Later she realizes that what she felt was wrong.
- Ronnie Lazaro as Anselmo Perdigon
- Mark Gil as Dr. Emilio Cervantes
- Paulo Avelino as Kiko
- Ces Quesada as Pilar Medrano
- Julie Anne San Jose as Claudette Medrano
- Jesi Corcuera as Raquel "Rocky" Perdigon
- Mon Confiado as Fredo
- Jana Roxas as Kathleen
- Jan Marini-Pizzaras as Nurse Barbara
- Sweet Ramos as Dea Paterno
- Byron Ortile as Alvin
- Patricia Ysmael as Yaya Nina
- Dino Guevarra as Dodong
- Jen Rosendahl as Anya
- Krystal Reyes
- Miguel Tanfelix
|Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan|
|Directed by||Danny Zialcita|
|Written by||Tom Andrales|
|Distributed by||VIVA Films|
- Vilma Santos as Lily
- Hilda Koronel as Elsa
- Dindo Fernando as Louie
- Chanda Romero
- Tommy Abuel
- Mark Joseph Enriquez
- Suzanne Gonzales
- Directed by: Danny Zialcita
- Writers: Tom Adrales
- Executive-in-charge of Production: VIVA Films
- Due to Sunshine Dizon's unexpected illness, the management decided to drop her out of the cast. Camille Prats was chosen as her replacement.
- This is the longest Sine Novela which ran for almost 5 months. It premiered June 23 and ended November 7.
- Camille Prats and Byron Spark Ortile will play mother & son once again in the soap Ikaw Sana.
The theme song entitled Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan? was originally performed by Basil Valdez.