Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin
|Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Dode Cruz|
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
|Starring||Angelika dela Cruz|
"Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin"|
sung by Lani Misalucha & Joey Generoso
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||426|
|Executive producer(s)||Redgynn Alba|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original release||March 26, 2001 – November 1, 2002|
|Related shows||Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (2011)|
Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin (I'll Always Love You) is a Philippine drama series (usually teledrama) which was shown on GMA Network from March 26, 2001 to November 1, 2002 starring drama actress Angelika dela Cruz in 415 episodes.
The story revolves around the saga of Katherine who suffers from amnesia after an incident that separates her from her family and must take a journey towards finding her true identity, fighting for the man she loves and claiming for what is rightfully hers. It was recently re-aired internationally on GMA Life TV.
Mylene and Clarissa and their mother, Lilian, were separated in a tragedy. Mylene gave her necklace to Clarissa that was given to her by her dad, Ferdinand Fuentebella. Mylene lost her memory and Meding, Lilian's friend, introduced herself as her mother, renaming Mylene to Katherine (Meding's daughter who died in the tragedy). After a few years, Ferdinand Fuentebella, Mylene's biological dad, longed for her daughter and searched for her. Meanwhile, Katherine was about to be held-up and Clarissa defended her. They became best friends but later on become nemesis because of a spoiled secret. Ferdinand met Clarissa in an accident and Clarissa pretended to be Mylene until Katherine and Clarissa crossed paths again when Katherine applied as Ferdinand's secretary. Is there still a chance to know the truth?
Cast of characters
- Angelika dela Cruz as Katherine Morales/Mylene Fuentebella/Carmencita San Diego
- Dina Bonnevie as Martina Buenaventura
- Albert Martinez as Ferdinand Fuentebella
- Sunshine Dizon as Clarissa delos Santos
- Gina Alajar as Lilian delos Santos
- Cogie Domingo as Jepoy San Pedro
- James Blanco as Joseph Marcelo
- Eddie Gutierrez as Tony Madrigal
- Alicia Alonzo as Meding Morales
- Chanda Romero as Amarra Luna
- Carmi Martin as Beatrice Madrigal
- Janice Jurado as Mamu Lambana
- Sherwin Ordonez as Charles Madrigal
- Gabby Eigenmann as Marc Fuentebella
- Marjorie Barretto as Vanessa Fuentebella
- Ana Capri as Gina Reyes
- K Brosas as Flor
- Mel Martinez as Finky
- Isabella de Leon as Ninay San Pedro
- Mia Gutierrez as Bebang San Pedro
- LJ Moreno as Cassandra Fuentebella
- Chynna Ortaleza as Melanie Fuentebella
- Richard Gutierrez as Iñigo Zeñorosa
- Jaime Fabregas as Roberto Zeñorosa
- Russel Simon as Doctor Ruel
- Rita Avila as Corrine Martinez
- Bojo Molina as Maui Marcelo
- Mark Anthony Fernandez as Gabriel/Lorenzo
- Raven Villanueva as Yolanda/fake Mylene
- Mystica as Vera
- Geneva Cruz as Melody
- Patricia Javier as Aravella
- Danica Sotto as Agatha Narciso
- Jennifer Sevilla as Diana
- Charlie Davao † as Don Joaquin Narciso
- Ian Veneracion as Paolo
- Paolo Ballesteros as Paul
- Gerard Pizzaras as Bato
- Veka Lopez as Young Katherine Morales
- Empress Schuck as Young Clarissa
- Gary Estrada as Red Peralta
- Zoren Legaspi as Pilot Perez
- Tanya Garcia as Jessica
- Toni Gonzaga as Maya
- Trina Zuñiga as Marga
- Gary Valenciano as Ricky Lopez
- Michael de Mesa as Elmo
- Mark Gil as Miguel
- Glaiza de Castro as Marga's friend
- Gary Estrada Red Peralta
- Tricia Roman as Enok
- Bembol Roco as Ruben
- Beverly Salviejo as Loleng
- Marky Lopez as Mike
- Rez Cortez as Father Basil
- Maureen Mauricio as Caring
- Kenji Marquez as Jake
- Robin da Rosa as Carlos
- Ruel Vernal as Badong
- Tom Olivar as Malvar
- Georgina Sandico as Gigi
- During the series' run, a conflict between its two lead stars, Angelika dela Cruz and Sunshine Dizon aroused which led to the latter's departure on the show.
- This series marked the comeback of GMA 7's soap opera in the primetime block.
- The show marked Angelika dela Cruz's first screen kiss on TV with actor James Blanco.
- This was one of the drama series to be re-aired on QTV 11, sister company of GMA.
- This was the first solo soap of Angelika dela Cruz under GMA, though she already starred in different miniseries such as Liwanag Ng Hatinggabi and Umulan Man O Umaraw.
- Angelika dela Cruz's character in the youth-oriented TV series Click was written off to give way to this soap.
- Singer-actor Gary Valenciano had a special appearance in this series where he played the role of a famous singer Ricky Lopez. He did a duet with Angelika dela Cruz's character, titled "Muli."
- LJ Moreno became Dizon's replacement as the villain when The latter left the show.
- This is Richard Gutierrez' first appreance in a primetime drama series.
- Actress-singer Toni Gonzaga had a small appearance in this series where she played Tanya Garcia's friend. After that, she became one of the leads in the soap, Habang Kapiling Ka which also stars Angelika dela Cruz.
- The series was re-aired internationally on GMA Life TV.
- The soap premiered the same day as ABS-CBN's Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan.
- Mark Anthony Fernandez, Sherwin Ordonez, James Blanco and Ruzzel Simon were dela Cruz's leading men during the series' run.
- Mark Anthony Fernandez's was fired from the show due to an apparent drug abused.
- The theme song of the soap opera was interpreted by Lani Misalucha and Joey Generoso (who lead vocalist of Side A) and later covered by Faith Cuneta for the theme song of 2011 TV5 primetime drama Babaeng Hampaslupa and also covered by Jed Madela in ABS-CBN's Walang Hanggan. The song was composed by Louie Ocampo and originally interpreted by Joey Albert in the 1980s and later popularized by Martin Nievera in the 1990s.
- Tanya Garcia who played a minor role in the 2001 series would later play the role of "Lilian" in the 2011 remake.
GMA Network had announced that they would do a remake of this series in celebration to its 10th anniversary. This series would replace Dennis Trillo's drama series, Sinner or Saint in the afternoon slot.
The series would feature Barbie Forteza in the lead role alongside Joshua Dionisio, Joyce Ching and Kristofer Martin with Sheryl Cruz, Gardo Versoza, Maricar de Mesa and Tanya Garcia in supporting roles.
- List of shows previously aired by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (2011 TV series)
- New GMA Soap Captures TV Audience
- Ana Capri's Career at Full Blast
- LJ MORENO TURNS VILLIANOUS IN GMA FILMS SOAP