Marinara (TV series)
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||Gina Marissa Tagasa|
Rufa Mae Quinto|
|Opening theme||"Marinara" by Rufa Mae Quinto|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||75 (final)|
|Executive producer(s)||Redgynn Alba|
Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||June 21 – October 1, 2004|
Marinara is a Philippine drama-fantasy-comedy series produced by GMA Network and directed by Enrico Quizon and Soxy Topacio. Dubbed as the first "Kwelanovela", Marinara was launched June 21, 2004 as part of the network's 54th anniversary.
Legend has it that three sisters will be born in the midst of raging storm. When this happens, chaos will ensue. In order to prevent this, Marie, Dolphina and Aira must be separated from each other. But as they grow up, they find their lives swimming against the tide. According to the same prophecy, one of the triplets is destined to become the queen of "Laot-Daot", or the kingdom of the mermaids and other half-human half-sea-creatures. In order to fulfill the prophecy, she first has to find her sisters.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Marie/Dolphina/Aira - Marie is the conservative firstborn who strives to finish school and at the same time earn a living to help her beloved adoptive mother. Aira, is the flashy and brand-conscious spoiled brat who dreams of becoming a big star someday. And as Dolphina, she is the mermaid who pursues the goal of finding her two other sisters amidst being captured and being made the star attraction in a local fair. The triplets are born one stormy midnight when lightning and thunder broke the silence and roaring winds sent the sea in turmoil—all the superstitious elements of a bad omen.
- Wendell Ramos as Luis Iñigo - The love interest of both Aira and Marie
- Alfred Vargas as Felipe - Dolphina’s handsome caretaker
- Angel Aquino as Oceana - the triplets’ mother
- Ronaldo Valdez as Don Juan Miguel - the triplets’ real father
- Daria Ramirez as Lelay - Marie’s martyr adoptive mother
- Melanie Marquez as Zadama - Aira’s evil stepmother and Marie’s weird boss
- Gladys Reyes as Tara - the human spider who vows to destroy Dolphina
- Mel Martinez as Syoque - Dolphina’s gay bestfriend
- Sherilyn Reyes as Arwana - the ruthless sister of Oceana who schemes to become the Queen of Laot-Daot
- Gene Padilla as Pogito - the human squid who gives in to Aruana’s whims
- Vangie Labalan as Pinang - Ayel's mother
- Julianne Lee as Ayel - Shoque’s friend and JM’s love interest
- Zack Togezaki as JM - son of Don Juan Miguel and Zadama
- Jess Lapid, Jr. as Alvaro - Felipe’s hot-tempered uncle
- Eddie Garcia as Haring Karfa
- Michael V. as Fake Aira/Freddie Gil
- Rudy Fernandez as Daboy
- Janno Gibbs as Young Juan Miguel
- K Brosas as Sushi Lou
- Tess Bomb as Flordetuna
- Patricia Ysmael as Lordilis
- Diego Llorico as Dikoy
- Rudy Hatfield as Rudy
- Rosanna Roces was the original choice of GMA Network to play the roles of Marie, Dolphina and Aira, but Roces turned down the project.
- Marinara was Alfred Vargas's first series under GMA Network.
- This series is also the second directorial project of Enrico Quizon a.k.a. Eric Quizon after Narito Ang Puso Ko.