Heathey Lane Halt railway station
|Heathey Lane Halt|
The site of Heathey Lane Halt in 2009
|Coordinates||53°37′05″N 2°58′19″W / 53.6181°N 2.9720°WCoordinates: 53°37′05″N 2°58′19″W / 53.6181°N 2.9720°W|
|Pre-grouping||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish|
|26 September 1938||closed to passengers|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Liverpool, Southport and
Heathey Lane Halt was a railway station in the village of Scarisbrick, Lancashire. The station opened in March 1907 as a halt on the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway, and consisted of simple cinder based platforms at track level. It was situated to the north of the B5243 road bridge at Heathey Lane, to which it was connected by wooden steps. The station closed to passengers on 26 September 1938, though the line remained open for goods traffic until 21 January 1952. The track was left in place until 1964 for the storage of excursion stock.
- Butt 1995, p. 186.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Gell, Rob (1986). An Illustrated Survey of Railway Stations Between Southport & Liverpool 1848-1986. Heyday Publishing Company. ISBN 0-947562-04-4.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Kew Gardens|| Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway