Ashton Hall railway station
Site of former station in 2008
|Coordinates||54°00′38″N 2°49′49″W / 54.01046°N 2.83037°WCoordinates: 54°00′38″N 2°49′49″W / 54.01046°N 2.83037°W|
|Original company||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London Midland and Scottish Railway|
|9 July 1883||Station opens as Ashton Hall|
|Unknown date||Station renamed as Ashton Hall Halt|
|7 July 1930||Station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Ashton Hall railway station was a private halt in Lancashire, England. Located on the Glasson Dock Branch, it was opened to serve Ashton Hall, the home of Lord Ashton, a local businessman. The house is now Lancaster Golf Club.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Lancaster Castle|| London and North Western Railway
Glasson Dock Branch
The site today
The trackbed through the former station is now part of the Lancashire Coastal Way
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.