Plex Moss Lane Halt railway station
|Plex Moss Lane Halt|
The "Altcar Bob" at Plex Moss Lane Halt circa 1907
|Coordinates||53°34′39″N 2°58′10″W / 53.5775°N 2.9694°WCoordinates: 53°34′39″N 2°58′10″W / 53.5775°N 2.9694°W|
|Original company||Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish|
|July 1906||Halt opened|
|26 September 1938||Halt closed to passengers|
|21 January 1952||Closed completely|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Liverpool, Southport and
Plex Moss Lane Halt was a railway station between Halsall and Barton in Lancashire. The station opened in July 1906 as a halt on the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway, and consisted of simple cinder based platforms at track level which required steps to be lowered from the coach for passenger access. It was situated to the south of the road bridge on Plex Moss Lane, to which it was connected by wooden steps. The station closed to passengers on 26 September 1938 and the tracks were lifted shortly after the line closed in 1952.
In 2015 the bridge and trackbed were plainly visible, the latter as a wide band of mature trees.
- Butt 1995, p. 186.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Gell, Rob (1986). An Illustrated Survey of Railway Stations Between Southport & Liverpool 1848-1986. Heyday Publishing Company. ISBN 0-947562-04-4.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Halsall|| Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway