Halsall railway station
The site of Halsall railway station in 2007. The white house in the centre, now a private residence, is the old station building. The track ran parallel to the edge of the field
|Coordinates||53°35′04″N 2°57′53″W / 53.5844°N 2.9646°WCoordinates: 53°35′04″N 2°57′53″W / 53.5844°N 2.9646°W|
|Original company||Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish|
|1 November 1887||Opened|
|26 September 1938||closed for passenger services|
|21 January 1952||closed completely|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Liverpool, Southport and
Halsall railway station was a railway station in the village of Halsall, Lancashire, on the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway. Situated north of Carr Moss Lane, it opened on 1 November 1887 and closed on 26 September 1938. The tracks were lifted shortly after the line closed in 1952, though the station building survives as a private residence. The "Altcar Bob" service once operated through this station.
- James 2004, p. 23.
- Gell, Rob (1986). An Illustrated Survey of Railway Stations Between Southport & Liverpool 1848-1986. Heyday Publishing Company, ISBN 0-947562-04-4.
- James, David (2004), Lancashire's Lost Railways, Stenlake Publishing, ISBN 1 84033 288 3
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
| Shirdley Hill
| Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway
| New Cut Lane Halt
|Plex Moss Lane Halt|