Coppull railway station
|Coordinates||53°37′25″N 2°39′32″W / 53.6236°N 2.6589°WCoordinates: 53°37′25″N 2°39′32″W / 53.6236°N 2.6589°W|
North Union Railway|
London and North Western Railway
|Post-grouping||London Midland and Scottish Railway|
|31 October 1838||First station opened|
|2 September 1895||First station closed, replaced by second station|
|2 September 1895||Second station opened|
|6 October 1969||Second station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Coppull railway station is a closed railway station in Coppull, England, situated on Station Road in the centre of the village.
In 1895 the original station was closed and replaced on the same day by a new one 4 chains (80 m) away. Sources differ on the direction of the move. Engineer's Line Reference (ELR) data suggests a move southwards, whilst Butt states the move was 135 metres to the west.
In 1922 eight "Down" (northbound) services called at Coppull on Mondays to Saturdays. Most were local services, with a Saturdays Only "Parliamentary", calling at most stations in a five and a half hour journey from Crewe to Carlisle. No trains called on Sundays. The "Up" service was similar.
- Bradshaw (1986), Bradshaw's July 1922 Railway Guide (reprint), Guild Publishing London
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Standish|| West Coast Main Line
North Union Railway
|Balshaw Lane and Euxton|