|Yud Aleph Nissan|
Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson
|Official name||Hebrew: י״א ניסן|
|Observed by||Chabad and USA|
|Significance||Birthday of the seventh Rebbe of Chabad Hasidism, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson|
|Celebrations||Parades and public gatherings|
Yud Aleph Nissan, the 11th day of the month of Nisan in the Hebrew calendar (Hebrew: י"א ניסן) is the birthday of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902-1994), the leader of the Chabad dynasty of Hasidism, and is celebrated by his followers as a festival.
The first public recognition of Rabbi Schneerson's birthday was instigated by his personal envoy to Washington DC, Abraham Shemtov, who urged friendly congressmen to persuade Jimmy Carter to declare the day to be Education and Sharing Day in his honor, in 1978. The day has been declared Education and Sharing Day by all succeeding U.S. Presidents.
- Dade Jews throw birthday party for New York Rabbi, David Hancock, Miami Herald, April 14, 1992
- The Rabbi on the hill, David O'Reilly, The Philadelphia Enquirer, April 28, 1984
- Tzivos Hashem annual events page.
- Children celebrating the Rebbe's birthday at Yeshivah college of Melbourne Australia
- Description of the meaning of Yud Alef Nissan from AskMoses.com