Sheffield Brightside by-election, 1930
The Sheffield Brightside by-election of 1930 was held on 6 February 1930. The by-election was held due to the elevated to the peerage of the incumbent Labour MP, Arthur Ponsonby. It was won by the Labour candidate Fred Marshall.
- The Liberal Party ran W.A. Lambert, a Sheffield solicitor and City Councillor. He had been Liberal candidate here at the last general election
- Fred Marshall (Labour Party), an Alderman and wagon builder.
- J. T. Murphy (Communist Party)
- F. Hamer Russell (Conservative Party), a builders merchant.
- ↑ http://www.leighrayment.com/commons.htm
- ↑ British Parliamentary Election Results 1918-1949, FWS Craig
- ↑ The Times House of Commons, 1929
- 1 2 3 4 "Sheffield Election." Times [London, England] 7 Feb. 1930: 14. The Times Digital Archive. Web. 29 Dec. 2013.