IESEG School of Management
|Institut d'Économie Scientifique et de Gestion|
|Motto||Le monde bouge, l'IÉSEG avance...|
Motto in English
|Moving forward in a changing world...|
IÉSEG School of Management (stands for Institut d'Economie Scientifique Et de Gestion) is a post-bac business school in France, established in 1964 in Lille. This business school is a member of the Université Catholique de Lille, the largest private university in France in terms of student population and endowment. The school has two campuses, one in Lille and one in Paris.
IÉSEG School of Management is ranked 17th in 2016 by the international Financial Times in its Master of Management ranking. As a French Grande Ecole and member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles, IÉSEG is one of the most prestigious higher education institutions in the country. It has also been awarded three international accreditations : EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
The school has a total of 4,800 students on the Lille and Paris campuses. Bachelor and master's programs, the International and Executive MBA are taught in English.
IÉSEG collaborates closely with the largest institute of research in Europe, the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). It was recently recognized as the number 6 business school in France in terms of academic excellence (EducPros/L’Etudiant 2016). The School welcomes 2090 international students; 84% of its permanent faculty is international, 100% hold a PhD and it has a network of more than 262 partner universities in 66 countries.
- 1964 - IÉSEG is founded in Lille as Institut d'Economie Scientifique et de Gestion.
- 1976 - Official recognition of IÉSEG by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
- 1985 - IÉSEG becomes an institutional partner of a research centre associated with the French National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS). Accreditation of the IÉSEG degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
- 1993 - The total number of students exceeds 500.
- 1997 - IÉSEG becomes a member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles.
- 2002 - The IÉSEG Grande École programme is redesigned for compatibility with the Bologna system. All courses of the MSc in Management are taught in English.
- 2003 - Renewal of governmental accreditation of the degree, which also receives the grade de master. Launch of the Master of International Business.
- 2004 - IÉSEG founds its International Advisory Board. The total number of students exceeds 1,000. Together with the Université Catholique de Lille, IÉSEG launches a second fundraising campaign (€10 million) following the success of the first one, which raised more than €5 million. First twinning programmes with Loyola College (India).
- 2009 - After one year in temporary premises, IÉSEG opens a campus located in “La Grande Arche”, Paris, La Défense. Launch of an “apprenticeship section” in the masters cycle of the Grande École programme.
- The total number of students exceeds 2,000. First corporate chair with Société Générale and Adecco.
- 2010 - Launch of the International Summer Academy on the Paris campus.
- 2011 - Launch of the Advanced MIB programme in Paris. The total number of students reaches 2 729.
- 2012 - IÉSEG gains the EQUIS accreditation
- 2013 - IÉSEG awarded the AACSB accreditation
- 2014 - Launch of 4 new MSc (Master of Science) programs in Digital Marketing and CRM, Business Analysis and Consulting, Finance, Accounting)
- 2015 - Renewal of IÉSEG’s EQUIS accreditation. Launch of a Bachelor in International Business, 3 new Master of Science programs (Big Data analytics for Business, Investment Banking &Capital markets, and International Business Negotiation) and an Executive MBA.
- 2016 - IÉSEG gains AMBA accreditation
Grande Ecole Program
Unlike many other French Grande écoles of business which have a three-year programme (after two years of Classes Préparatoires) IÉSEG offers a five-year Master in Management program just after completing the Baccalauréat : the Grande École programme. In addition to mainstream courses, students are allowed to specialise in a variety of subjects that range from finance to human resources.
This program is composed of a three-year Bachelor cycle followed by a two-year Master of Science in Management.
Bachelor cycle: During the three-year bachelor cycle, students study different areas of management such as International Business and Marketing and Operations Management. Master cycle the 2-year Master in Management cycle gives students the opportunity to specialize in a particular field: International Business, Digital Marketing & CRM, Business Analysis & Consulting, Finance, Accounting Audit & Control, Fashion Management, Big Data Analytics, Investment Banking and Capital markets, and International Business negotiation.
It is possible for newly admitted students to follow all the courses of the five-year programme only in English, allowing foreign students with no French background to be admitted as an IÉSEG student.
Bachelor in International Business
The three-year Bachelor in International Business (BIB) program offers students a top-quality education in some of the job market’s most valued fields, preparing them to enter the workforce with a running start. Through a mix of theoretical and applied knowledge, the Bachelor in International Business will provide students with a solid understanding of the international economic environment; an initial exposure to the business world, with its various elements; and a strong foundation in the disciplines of management. For those who wish to specialize further they can continue to an MSc in areas such as finance, analytics, negotiation, or marketing. Once they have acquired a few years professional experience an MBA could also be considered.
Master of Science - M.Sc
For students with an undergraduate degree in business, the 2-year Master of Science in Management (M.Sc) program gives them the opportunity to specialize in a particular field: International Business, Digital Marketing & CRM, Business Analysis & Consulting, Finance, Accounting Audit & Control, Fashion Management, Big Data Analytics, Investment Banking and Capital markets, and International Business negotiation.
IÉSEG’s postgraduate programs portfolio is designed for students willing to live a fully cross-cultural and international experience.
M.Sc in International Business: The MIB provides the skills and mind-set required for success in international business within a compact time frame.
M.Sc in Digital Marketing & CRM : The main objective of the program is to prepare future managers to work in these two rapidly emerging and complementary marketing fields that represent new ways of conducting marketing and improving relationships with clients.
M.Sc in Business Analysis and Consulting : This program aims at providing future managers and consultants with the managerial and communication skills required to act as change agents and to create sustainable performance for companies operating in a global environment.
M.Sc in Finance : : The M.Sc in Finance is designed for students wishing to enhance their understanding of financial analysis in a very practical environment.
M.Sc in Accounting & Audit control : The M.Sc in Accounting is designed for students wishing to achieve long-term career success, based on a solid foundation in financial reporting and analysis; in management accounting and decision-making; and financial advisory services.
M.Sc in Fashion Management : The MSc in Fashion Management designed for talented individuals wishing to specialize in Fashion Management and to achieve an international career in the Fashion industry.
M.Sc in Investment Banking and Capital Markets : This program explores how global capital markets function, what drives the value of their securities and how recent regulations are changing the way they operate
M.Sc in International Business Négociation : This M.Sc aims to educate effective, versatile and ethical managers, with strong negotiations skills to work in international context.
M.Sc in in Big Data Analytics for Business : This MSc aims at training data scientists in the field of (online) marketing, finance, and operations.
The International MBA is a one year program completely taught in English aimed at young managers with the potential of being global business leaders. The program equips participants with an in-depth understanding of the European business context and build the skills necessary to excel in complex international settings in top management positions or to start their own companies. It combines theoretical understanding with practical experience and skill development.
Executive MBA (EMBA)
The IÉSEG Executive MBA is targeted at people having responsibilities in an organisation and who have a career development project towards a new role involving leadership and human competences.
Spring & Summer Sessions
International Summer Academy
IÉSEG School of Management offers you a unique opportunity to study Global Business & Management on our Paris Campus. During this four-week summer programme, not only will you be taught by leading IÉSEG faculty and other internationally renowned lecturers, but you will also get to meet friends from all over the world and get a taste of the French Art de Vivre.
International Fashion Business Summer Program
This two-week credit-awarding summer program taught in English provide to students with the opportunity to study something new; learn more about the fashion industry; and meet people from across the globe.
French Culture Spring Session
The French Culture Spring Session is designed to rapidly improve your French language skills, introduce you to the French culture and to give you an insight into Arts, Fashion and Cultural Management.
IÉSEG has different types of admission depending on the program:
• The Grande École program: for students in France looking to join the first year of this program there is the ‘concours ACCES’, entrance exam. If these students pass the written test, they then have to go to Lille for an interview.
• Meanwhile, students in France coming from IUT, universities and other post-baccalaureate studies can apply to join the IÉSEG Grande Ecole program through "parallel admissions" whether in the second or the third year of the bachelor cycle or the first year of a master's program. They have to submit applications and pass interviews.
• Finally, international students can send their applications directly to IÉSEG by following the procedure on the School's website.
• Applications to all other programs (including Bachelor, Master of Science programs, and MBA programs) are outlined on the website.
IÉSEG has 262 partner universities around the world (66 different countries), in which the School’s students can spend one or two semesters as an exchange student. In addition, in the School welcomes 2090 international students for the 2016/2017 academic years.
IÉSEG shares a research department with CNRS, a state-owned research body. Primary areas of research include economics, quantitative methods, finance, accounting, management, marketing, and negotiation.
Centers of research expertise
• IÉSEG Center of excellence in Negotiation (ICoN): ICoN is IÉSEG’s center of excellence in negotiation research, teaching and knowledge transfer. ICoN adopts a transversal approach to negotiation and relationship establishment, spanning over management, employment relations, marketing (sales and procurement), international relations and law.
ICoN’s goal is to create relevant, practice-oriented knowledge by means of precise, systematic and clear research methods and provide applications for students, professionals and organizations.
• IÉSEG Center for marketing Analytics (ICMA): The IÉSEG Center for marketing Analytics (ICMA) is a research group that aims to establish durable research collaborations between academics active in research in the field of marketing analytics, including database marketing, customer intelligence, digital analytics or analytical CRM, and businesses in need of solutions related to one of these topics.
The objective is to establish synergetic, innovative projects, offering novel solutions to real-life business needs related to database marketing.
• IÉSEG Center for Organizational Responsibility (ICOR): ICOR is IÉSEG’s Center for Organizational Responsibility. Founded in 2014, it aims to create and disseminate conceptual knowledge and practice-oriented tools in the field of social responsibility, sustainability and business and society relationships for students, researchers, professionals and their organizations.
It is composed of and coordinated by members of IÉSEG academic staff from all departments. In line with IÉSEG’s central values and mission “to prepare students to become complete and international managers who initiate change, and contribute to the development of responsible, innovative and enlightened organizations”, ICOR directly inspires and supports the School’s determination and ambition to contribute to the development of a prosperous, fair and sustainable society.
The historical campus, located in the heart of the city of Lille, is composed of modern buildings for a total surface of more than 20 000 m2 (6 buildings). The two main buildings are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all students, allowing them to access computer rooms or studying room at any time by using a magnetic badge.
The campus combines lecture halls, 20 classrooms, 3 multimedia rooms, a trading room, a library, a cafeteria and meeting rooms for clubs and associations.
A new 8000m² building is also being constructed at La Défense and will open for the 2017/18 academic year.
IÉSEG is ranked among the top business schools in France and Europe. The school was ranked 17th in 2016 by the Financial Times for its Master of Management programs. The French magazine L'Etudiant ranked IÉSEG 3rd for academic excellence and 8th for international excellence in France.