HEC Management School – University of Liège
|HEC Liège - Ecole de gestion de l'Université de Liège|
|HEC-ULg, basically a merger between HEC-Liège Business School and the University of Liège (former Faculty of economics & business)|
|Motto||The spirit of Management: entrepreneurship & innovation|
|Type||School of business & economics|
|Established||1898 / 2005|
|More than 200 professors & lecturers/searchers|
|Location||City centre, Liège/Sart-Tilman, Angleur|
HEC Liège Management School - University of Liège (in French, HEC Liège - École de gestion de l'Université de Liège and shortened as HEC Liège) is the college and graduate school of the University of Liège in the fields of economics, finance, business administration, entrepreneurship and engineering management (business IT management, management science, operational research & business process engineering).
The Liège university school of business & economics also covers, among other things, public economics & public finance, accounting & tax, insurance & actuarial science, international business & economics, marketing, a wide range of foreign languages, information management systems, e-commerce, real estate, corporate finance, environmental-green-&-ecological management, portfolio administration, financial risk engineering & asset management, industrial economics, sport & leisure business management, financial markets & banking, leadership, tourismanagement, entrepreneurship, operations & production management, applied sciences & technological management, corporate strategy & governance, econometrics, supply chain management & logistics, stock market analysis, HR management, ICT & business computing, digital marketing & e-business as well as not-for-profit & social development management.
HEC Liège delivers diplomas such as BS, Master, MA, MS, MBAs, MPAs, MPhil, PhD as well as executive education diplomas (specialized complementary master's degrees) and teaching licenses of economics & business.
NB: In Belgium, universities offer academic programmes in Business Engineering. These studies are combining business administration, finance, economics with mathematics, statistics, sciences (physics, chemistry), management science and technologies for the main but also computer science as well as social science (ethics and law) and foreign languages. They are composed of a Bachelor of Science (B.S. ; 3-year track) and followed by a master's degree (M.S.) leading to the title of "Business Engineer" ("Ingénieur de gestion" in French/ "Wirtschaftsingenieur" in German / "Handelsingenieur" in Dutch / "Ingegnere Gestionale" in Italian). Graduates are granted at the end of the five (or more) years a diploma of "Master of Science in Business Engineering". HEC Liège is member of both the AACSB and the EFMD. In 2011, the school received the EPAS accreditation from the EFMD for its MS in Management and PhD programmes.
HEC Liège, city-centre building, the main hall.
HEC Liège, city-center campus, outside the main building.
HEC Liège, city-center campus, the former nuns' building.
HEC Liège, former logotype branded as "HEC-ULg".
Bachelor of Science (undergraduate level)
- BS in Economics & Management (3years / 180ECTS);
- BS in Business engineering (3years / 180ECTS);
- Undergraduate bridge-year in Business Management (1year / 60ECTS);
- Master in Business Management (1year / 60ECTS);
- Master in International Management (1year / 60ECTS / Full-English taught);
- Master in European Public Administration (1year / 60ECTS / with IFAG Bulgaria);
- Master in Economics (1year / 60ECTS);
Master of Science (MS in Management)
- MS in Marketing & Strategic Intelligence (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Digital Marketing & Sales Management (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Management of Social Entreprises (2years / 120ECTS);
- "HEC Liège Entrepreneurs" programme - MS in Entrepreneurship (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in General Management (2years / 120ECTS / Part-time);
- MS in Management / LL.M. (Master of Laws) - Double degree in law and business administration (3years / 180ECTS);
Master of Science (MS in Finance)
- MS in Banking & Asset Management (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Financial Analysis & Audit (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Financial Engineering (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Performance Management Systems & Control (2years / 120ECTS);
Master of Science (MS in Business engineering)
- MS in Supply Chain Management & Business Analytics (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Intrapreneurship & Management of Innovation Projects (2years / 120ECTS);
- MS in Industrial & Business Engineering - Double degree "HEC Liège / HELMo Gramme - Ingénieur industriel & de gestion" (from Sept. 2016-17 / 3years / 180ECTS);
Master of Science (MS in Economics & Finance)
- MS in Economics & Finance (2years / 120ECTS);
Master of Arts (MA in Economics)
- MA in Economics & Society: Economics of Political & Social Issues (2years / 120ECTS);
- MA in Economics & Society: Competition & Innovation (2years / 120ECTS);
Master of Arts (MA in HR Management)
- MA in Human Resource Management & Organization (2years / 120ECTS - Joint degree with the ULg-Faculty of Social Sciences);
Master of Business Administration (eMBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration - OpenBorders MBA (2years / 120ECTS);
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MPA / MS in Management: European public management (2years / 120ECTS - Joint degree with the ULg-Faculty of Law & Political Science);
Master of Education (M.Ed. in Economics & Business)
- M.Ed. / Master in Management - High School teaching certificate (finalité didactique, AESS groupe sciences de gestion) (2year/120ECTS);
- M.Ed. / Master in Economics - High School teaching certificate (finalité didactique, AESS groupe sciences économiques) (2year/120ECTS);
- M.Ed. in Economics, Applied Economics & Business Administration - High School teaching certificate (AESS Sc. économiques et sc. de gestion) (1year/30ECTS);
- M.Ed. - Higher Education, university and college teaching ability (CAPAES);
Executive, Post-graduate, Advanced and Part-time degrees at HEC Liege Executive School
- Undergraduate bridge-year in Business Management (2years/60ECTS / Part-time, evening classes);
- Master in Business Management (1year / 60ECTS / Part-time, evening classes);
- MS in General Management (2years / 120ECTS / Part-time, evening classes);
- OpenBorders MBA (2years / 120ECTS / along with FH Aachen & the University of Hasselt);
- "HEC Liège Entrepreneurs" programme (for graduates in other disciplines than business/finance/economics) - Advanced Master of Entrepreneurship (1year / 60ECTS);
- Advanced MS in Financial Engineering & Risk Management (1year / 60ECTS / Part-time, evening classes);
- Advanced MS in Audit, Control & Financial Accounting (1year / 60ECTS / Part-time, evening classes);
- Advanced MA / LL.M. in Fiscal Law (1year / 60ECTS / joined degree with the ULg Faculty of Law & Political Science);
- Online Executive Master in Management (2years / 60ECTS / along with the "Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management - ULB" and the "Louvain School of Management - UCL");
- Joint special Master in Environmental Management (with ISIL Polytechnic College, Haute Ecole de la Province de Liège);
- Certificates in "Management Science", "Finance", "Analysis/Control/Audit" and "Fiscal Law";
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctoral programmes (Philosophiae Doctor / Doctor of Philosophy)
- MPhil & PhD in Economics & Management (minimum 3years / 180ECTS):
- Pure Economics track;
- Applied Economical Analysis track;
- Political Economics track;
- Public Administration track;
- International Management track;
- E-Business with Digital Marketing Strategy;
- Econometrics and Operational Research track;
- Entrepreneurship track;
- Finance track;
- Marketing track;
- Accounting & Tax track;
- Business Law track;
- Corporate Strategy and Top-management Governance track;
- Operations Management & Logistics track;
- HR Management track;
- IT Management track.
The Liège University School of Management (HEC Liège, formerly known as HEC-ULg) was created in 2005 by the merger of Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Liège (HEC-Liège), a private institute, created in 1898 and the Economics and Business Administration Departments (le Département d'économie et l'Ecole d'Administration des Affaires) of the University of Liège.
- "Quelles sont les business schools de Belgique". Jobat.
- "Universities participating in Connect Masters 1-2-1". Connect Masters Top Universities.
- "Belgium - University of Liege". ISM.
- "Profile: HEC Management School of Liège". The study abroad portal.
- "EFMD Programme Accreditation System EPAS Accredited Programmes".
- "HEC Management School - University of Liege". Top Study Belgium.