Université de technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard
|Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard|
|Endowment||40,000,000 € (overall budget)|
|Campus||Urban, 54 000 m²|
The University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM) is a Grande Ecole university of engineering located in Belfort and Montbéliard, France. The University of technology of Belfort-Montbéliard is part of the network of the three universities of technology. Inspired by the American University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, these three universities (UTC, UTBM and UTT) are a French mixture between the universities of this country and its schools of engineers (Grandes Ecoles).
Their teaching model is a mix between the North-American model and the French traditions: courses choice, separation of the courses, work directed (TDs) and practical work (TPs). These three universities give an engineering degree equivalent to the Bac+5 formations of the French Grandes Ecoles.
- Université de Technologie
- The University of Technology of Compiègne (Université de Technologie de Compiègne or UTC)
- The University of Technology of Troyes (Université de Technologie de Troyes or UTT)
- Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard refers to itself as the University of Technology or UTBM on its English language web site. (Retrieved 2007-10-27.) However, University of Technology is too general to be used as the name for its Wikipedia entry, and UTBM is too cryptic. In its discussion of the three French Universities of Technology (retrieved 2007-10-27), it identifies each by its campus. So it seems reasonable to identify this university as the University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard.
- Although called a "university", the University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard is in fact a non-university institute (école extérieure aux universités), as defined by Chapter I, Section II (Articles 34 through 36) of French law 84-52 of 26 January 1984 regarding higher education (the loi Savary). See Article I of French Ministry of Education, Research, and Technology Decree 99-24 of 14 January 1999, which created the University of Technology of Belfort-Montbéliard.