Royal Audiencia of Buenos Aires
The Real Audiencia de Buenos Aires, were two audiencias, or highest courts, of the Spanish crown, which resided in Buenos Aires. The authority of the first extended to the territory of the Governorate of the Río de la Plata and operated from 1661 to 1671. The second began to function in 1783 and had as its territory the areas of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata not covered by the Audiencia de Charcas, that is to say the intendancies of Buenos Aires, Córdoba del Tucumán, Salta del Tucumán and Paraguay. In 1810, after the May Revolution, it was suspended, and in 1813 the Assembly of the Year XIII permanently disbanded it. The Audiencias resided in the city's cabildo building.
Audiencia of Buenos Aires during the Governorate
The Recompilation of Laws of the Indies of 1680, Law XIII (Audiencia y Chancilleria Real de la Ciudad de la Trinidad, Puerto de Buenos Ayres) Title XV (De las Audiencias y Chancillerias Reales de las Indias) of Book II, compiles the limits and functionaries of this Audiencia.
Audiencia of Buenos Aires under the Viceroyalty
Created during the reign of Charles III of Spain (1759–1788) and during the government of viceroy Juan José de Vértiz y Salcedo, in 1783, as part of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata, from 1 August 1776.
- [Ley India "Recopilación de las Leyes de Indias"] Check
|url=value (help) (PDF) (in Spanish). 1680.
- Gandia, Eduardo (1935). La anexión de Santa Cruz a la República de Bolivia. Historia de Santa Cruz de la Sierra una nueva república en Sud América (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Talleres gráficos argentinos de L. J. Rosso Doblas. .