Mylene Lilibeth Dizon|
September 6, 1974
|Agent||Star Magic (1996–2003)|
Mylene Lilibeth Dizon (born September 6, 1974) is a Filipino actress and model. She was a member of ABS-CBN's Star Magic, being an alumna of Batch 2. After starting with ABS-CBN in 1996, she transferred to the rival station GMA Network in 2003 and was part of several TV series like Captain Barbell, Agawin Mo Man Ang Lahat, and Dyesebel. Upon returning to ABS-CBN in 2009, she made a special appearance on Tayong Dalawa. Her role ended when she became pregnant with her second child, and was then replaced by Jodi Sta. Maria-Lacson.
Recently, she played Grace Maniego in the 2011 drama Budoy, and later had a special participation role in the 2012 drama Kahit Puso'y Masugatan as Fatima San Jose. She also appeared in Kahit Konting Pagtingin, Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala, and most recently in Mirabella. She was part of the cast of the second season of Ikaw Lamang (2014) as Tessa. She is currently portraying the role of Laura Hipolito-Suarez in ABS-CBN's afternoon melodrama series Doble Kara (2015).
- Dizon started her career in ABS-CBN in 1996, being a co-hostess in ASAP.
- In later 1996, Dizon starred in the hit teen sitcom Gimik'. She later was reprising her role as Melanie Suntay, for the Gimik the Reunion in 1999. This show made her well known.
- Dizon then starred in Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan as Sally Perida / Sara / Susan Concepcion in 2001. She portrayed the main antagonist of the series.
- In 2003 she made her first appearance on the GMA Network, when she starred in Narito Ang Puso Ko. She played Stella Bautista.
- Then in 2006 she transferred to GMA Network and did various projects until 2007. He last role for GMA Network was when she starred in the television series, Princess Charming.
- In 2007, she starred in Kokey as Myra Villoria-Alegre. This was Dizon's comeback project to ABS-CBN
- Then in 2008, this will be her last appearance in the GMA Network until later 2014. She played main antagonist in Dyesebel as Reyna Dyangga. An old mermaid who hides her treasures.
- Dizon returns to ABS-CBN when she made an appearance in Tayong Dalawa.
- She made a special appearance in the popular TV series Tayong Dalawa in 2009. The series starred the love triangle team, Jake Cuenca, Gerald Anderson, and Kim Chiu. She portrayed Loreta King, Audrey's mother who dies because of premature labor.
- In 2010, she starred in Tanging Yaman as Atty. Leona Jacinto. Isabelle's (Melissa Ricks) abusive mother.
- Later in 2010 she was reprising her role again as Melanie Suntay, from the hit 1990's series Gimik. She starred in the Your Song Presents: Gimik 2010. She is now married to Brian, her former boyfriend and now husband.
- In 2010-2011, she starred with Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes for the remake of Mara Clara. She portrayed Susan David, Mara's adoptive mother and Clara's biological mother, and also Gary's wife. Originally portrayed by Susan Africa.
- In 2011-2012, Dizon portrayed main antagonist Dra. Grace Maniego in the series Budoy.
- Also in 2012 she made a special appearance in Kahit Puso'y Masugatan as Fatima San Jose.
- In 2013 she starred in a few teleseryes.
- Dizon starred Kahit Konting Pagtingin as Narissa Dimagiba. Then she made a special appearance in Juan dela Cruz as Amelia dela Cruz, Juan's deceased mother. She was reprising her role as Amelia in the series My Little Juan.
- Then in later 2013, she starred in Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala as Athena Apostol the television series starring Judy Ann Santos.
- In 2014 she played main antagonist Olive Robles in Mirabella. She then portrayed another antagonist role in the book 2 of Ikaw Lamang as Franco's mistress, Tessa Villanueva.
- Then in later 2014 she then transferred back to GMA Network.
- Dizon guested in a few episodes of Magpakailanman and also guested on Karelasyon. She also played main antagonist in Once Upon a Kiss as Giselle Pelaez-Almario.
- In later 2015 she returned to ABS-CBN, and she guested on Nathaniel as Judith, Camille's (Xyriel Manabat) mother who left her when she was a kid.
- She currently stars in the afternoon drama Doble Kara as Laura Hipolito-Suarez. Kara and Sara's loving biological mother and Ishmael's wife.
|1995-06||ASAP||Herself - Host|
|1999-03||Tabing Ilog||Jennifer "Jerry" Ricafort|
|2001-03||Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan||Sally Perida / Sara / Susan Concepción|
|2003-04||Basta't Kasama Kita||Joyce|
|2003-04||Narito Ang Puso Ko||Estella "Stella" Bautista|
|2005-06||Mga Anghel na Walang Langit||Ira Mercado|
|2006||Agawin Mo Man Ang Lahat||Greta|
|2006||Bahay Mo Ba 'To?||Leona|
|2006-07||Mars Ravelo's Captain Barbell||Magna / Magnetica|
|2008||Mars Ravelo's Dyesebel||Reyna Dyangga|
|2009||Tayong Dalawa||Loreta Dominguez-King|
|2009||May Bukas Pa||Jacky "Jackie" Santos|
|2010||Gilda Olvidado's Magkano Ang Iyong Dangal?||Rita Robles|
|2010||Tanging Yaman||Atty. Leona Policarpio-Jacinto|
|2010||Your Song Presents: Gimik 2010||Melanie Suntay-Lorenzo|
|2010-11||Emil Cruz, Jr.'s Mara Clara||Susan David|
|2011-12||Budoy||Dra. Grace Maniego|
|2012||Kahit Puso'y Masugatan||Fatima San Jose|
|2012||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Tinapay||Flor||Episode: "Tinapay"|
|2012||Wansapanataym: Hear Na U, Sori Na Me||Verna||Episode: "Hear Na U, Sori Na Me"|
|2013||Kahit Konting Pagtingin||Narissa Ledesma-Dimagiba|
|2013||Juan dela Cruz||Amelia dela Cruz|
|2013||Wansapanataym||Divina||Episode: "Bokbok, Ang Batang Magpanubok"|
|2013||My Little Juan||Amelia dela Cruz|
|2013||Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala||Athena Apostol||Episode: "The Christmas Tablet"|
|2014||Mirabella||Olivia "Olive" Flores-Robles|
|2014||Wansapanataym||Carol Jimenez||Episode: "My Guardian Angel"|
|2014||Ikaw Lamang||Tessa Villanueva|
|2014||Ipaglaban Mo||Lita Mauricio||Episode: "Pagkilala ng Ama"|
|2014||Magpakailanman||Nene||Episode: "Henyo Ng Bangketa"|
|2014||Magpakailanman||Juvilyn||Episode: "Love After The Storm"|
|2015||Once Upon a Kiss||Giselle Pelaez-Almario|
|2015-present||Doble Kara||Laura Hipolito-Suarez|
|1997||Kulayan Natin ang Bukas|
|1997||Calvento Files: The Movie||Mia|
|1998||Miguel / Michelle||Sonia|
|1999||Gimik: The Reunion||Melanie Suntay|
|2001||Gatas... Sa Dibdib ng Kaaway||Pilar|
|2002||Utang ni Tatang|
|2002||Ang Agimat: Anting-anting ni Lolo||Aling Virgie / Manananggal|
|2006||Rome & Juliet||Rome Miranda|
|2008||Shake, Rattle & Roll X||Aswang Wife||Segment: "Emergency"|
|2008||100||Joyce De Leon|
|2010||Working Girls||Connie Valderama|
|2010||Super Inday and the Golden Bibe||Ingrid|
|2013||Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo?||Pamela|
|2014||10,000 Hours||Anna Alcaraz|
Awards and nominations
|1999||Gimik||People's Choice Awards||Most Promising Actress of the Year||Won|
|1999||Calvento Files: The Movie||PMPC Star Awards for Movies||New Movie Actress of the Year||Won|
|2002||Gatas... Sa Dibdib ng Kaaway||FAMAS Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2007||Rome & Juliet||Golden Screen Awards for Movies||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Drama)||Nominated|
|Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2008||100||Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival||Balanghai Trophy - Best Actress||Won|
|2009||PMPC Star Awards for Movies||Movie Actress of the Year||Won|
|Ploning||Golden Screen Awards for Movies||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Drama, Musical or Comedy)||Nominated|
|100||Gawad Urian Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|Golden Screen Awards for Movies||Best Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role (Drama)||Won|
|FAP Luna Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2010||Tayong Dalawa||Gawad Tanglaw Awards||Best Ensemble Performance in a Television Drama||Won|
|2013||Sosy Problems||PMPC Star Awards for Movies||Movie Supporting Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|Golden Screen Awards for Movies||Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Drama, Musical or Comedy)||Nominated|
|Aparisyon||Gawad Urian Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2016||Heneral Luna||PASADO Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Won|
- Vera, Noel (2005). Critic After Dark: A Review of Philippine Cinema. BigO Books. p. 136. ISBN 978-981-05-3185-0. Retrieved 7 July 2011 – via Google Books.
- Almo, Nerissa (22 April 2009). "Mylene Dizon gives birth to 2nd child with Paolo Paraiso". pep.ph. Retrieved 1 November 2016 – via GMA News Online.
- "Gimik 2010 Brings Together Judy Ann Santos, Diether Ocampo, Bojo Molina, G Toengi, and Mylene Dizon". pep.ph. 2 May 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Gimik 2010". TV Shows. ABS-CBN. Archived from the original on 4 May 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- Buan-Deveza, Reyma (17 August 2015). "Julia Montes Gets First Title Role in 'Doble Kara'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Belen, Walden Sadiri M. (24 August 2015). "Mylene Dizon's Powerful Performance on 'Doble Kara'". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 16 February 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- "Box Office Movies of Male Stars on Video". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 27 May 2001 – via Google News.
- Carvajal, Dolly Anne (24 December 2007). "Recycled Idea". Dolly Wood. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 12 October 2016 – via Google News.
- Tariman, Pablo A. (12 September 2015). "Faith, Love, time & Antonio Luna". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Tsui, Clarence (12 October 2015). "'Heneral Luna': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Villasanta, Boy (4 March 2010). "Gawad Tanglaw a Paradigm of Anti-climax". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 1 November 2016.