Location of Emőd
|Coordinates: 47°56′00″N 20°49′01″E / 47.93333°N 20.81690°ECoordinates: 47°56′00″N 20°49′01″E / 47.93333°N 20.81690°E|
|• Total||49.42 km2 (19.08 sq mi)|
|• Density||110.76/km2 (286.9/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The area has been inhabited since the Conquest of Hungary. Its name comes from an old Hungarian personal name. The town was first mentioned by Anonymus. Emőd has been a wine-growing area since the 14th century. In 1882 it was burnt down, but was rebuilt later. In 1872 it was downgraded to a village, and got town status back only on August 19, 2001.