University of Teramo
|Università degli Studi di Teramo|
|Rector||Prof. Luciano D'Amico|
|Sports teams||CUS Teramo (http://www.unite.it/Ateneo/CUS/cus.htm)|
The University of Teramo (Italian: Università degli Studi di Teramo) is an Italian public research university located in Teramo, Italy. The academic institution was officially established in 1993 after having been a detached section of the University of Chieti for over 30 years.
The University of Teramo, which holds one of the most modern campuses in Italy, offers 5 faculties 24 degree courses, 35 Masters, 6 postgraduate schools and 10 departments. The entire 50,000 sq m of the Coste Sant'Agostino Campus holds the faculties of Law, Communication Sciences, and Political Science. A scientific pole is currently underway and will house the faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Agriculture. It consists of a very up-to-date facility of 100,000 sq m which will also accommodate an animal Hospital and a Sanitary Dog Kennel. The Campus and Pole are two realities symbolizing the core areas of the University: the legal, political and communicative areas together with the agro-bio-veterinary area which represent two centers of excellence of the University of Teramo. Communication technologies have always influenced both thought and learning methods. As a result, facilities more and more necessary to the knowledge society such as language, multimedia, television laboratories, the university newspaper, and radio station, have been carried out. The University is living a strong period of internationalization through offering scholarships to students from all over of the world.
- In 1991 Joseph Ratzinger led in the University of Teramo on a convention called “Capitalism and Social Rights”.
- According to a research conducted by the influential institution Censis Repubblica the University of Teramo ranks #2 in the list of best Italian universities under 10.000 students.
| CENSIS-La Repubblica (state small-sized universities)
| Il Sole 24 Ore (state universities)
These are the 5 faculties in which the university is divided into:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Communication Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Political Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Amongst the best-known professors who teach or have taught at the University of Teramo there are:
- Giacinto Auriti
- Renato Brunetta
- Rocco Buttiglione
- Gianni Cuperlo
- Michel Martone
- Lorenzo Ornaghi
- Marco Pannella
- Roberto Vecchioni
- "Classifica completa Censis delle Università italiane 2014/2015". Classifica completa Censis delle Università italiane 2014/2015 (in Italian). Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "La classifica delle migliori università italiane - Edizione 2015". Il Sole 24 Ore (in Italian). Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- University of Teramo Website (Italian) (English) (French) (German)