Università degli studi di Foggia
|Università degli Studi di Foggia|
|Rector||Prof. Maurizio Ricci|
|Affiliations||Compostela Group of Universities|
|Website||www.unifg.it (Italian) en.unifg.it (English)|
University of Foggia, located in Foggia, Italy, was founded in 1991 and was fully recognized in 1999. Although it has taken some time for the university to receive its entitlement and acknowledgement, through that timestamp it has branched off from five faculties to six: Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of the Sciences Of agriculture, Food and Environment and the Faculty of Humanities. Literature, Culture Heritage, Education Sciences. It has also been elected as the best university of southern Italy that was mentioned by the newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, which has full ownership of the Italian employers' federation
These are the six departments in which University of Foggia is divided into:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics
- Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine
- Department of Medical and [Surgical Sciences]
- Department of Sciences of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Department of Humanities, Literature and Culture Heritage
The University divides departments to help students to aid them into the right department as possible of their interests, as well as to avoid confusion.
- The Faculty of Agriculture is organized in 3 departments:
- The Department of Production, Engineering, Mechanical and Applied Economical Science for Agro-Zootechnical Systems
- The Department of Agricultural and Environmental Science, Chemistry and Plant Protection
- The Department of Food Science
The department of Agriculture was considered much of a large department when the enrolment status began to expand, giving the heads to evaluate what to do with students who had a different mindset on the program.
The first semester of the academic calendar for the University of Foggia runs from the third week of September to the second week of December while the second semester runs from the first week of March to the end of May. Classes usually run from Mondays to Fridays, Classes do not run during the month of August as well as on a Bank Holiday. Courses are based on semesters, and within those two semesters there are two holidays around the Christmas and Easter time interval.
The amount of degrees within the main 3 are:
- Antonio Muscio (1999-2008)
- Giuliano Volpe (2008-2013)
- Maurizio Ricci (2013 - )