Province of Jülich-Cleves-Berg
| Province of Jülich-Cleves-Berg|
|Province of Prussia|
The province of Jülich-Cleves-Berg (red), within the Kingdom of Prussia (dark blue), within the German Confederation (tan)
50°57′N 6°58′E / 50.950°N 6.967°ECoordinates: 50°57′N 6°58′E / 50.950°N 6.967°E
|Historical era||Early modern period|
|•||Provinces re-organised||30 April 1815 1815|
|•||Congress of Vienna||18 June 1815|
|•||United with Lower Rhine||22 June 1822 1822|
|Political subdivisions|| Cologne|
The Province of Jülich-Cleves-Berg (German: Provinz Jülich-Kleve-Berg) was a province of the Kingdom of Prussia from 1815–22. The province was largely made up of the land held by the former United Duchies of Jülich-Cleves-Berg. Its capital was Cologne.
After the Napoleonic Wars, the Congress of Vienna restored the duchy of Cleves to the Kingdom of Prussia, which combined them with the other Rhenish lands restored from France (Prussian Guelders and the principality of Moers) with the Rhenish lands gained at Vienna — the old duchy of Jülich and county of Berg along with parts of the Electorate of Cologne and the Free and Hanseatic City of Cologne and some other smaller territories.
On 30 April 1815, Prussian authorities reorganised the states of the kingdom into 10 provinces with the Verordnung wegen verbesserter Einrichtung der Provinzialbehörden (English: Regulation for the establishment of improved provincial authorities), of which Jülich-Cleves-Berg was one.
The provincial government was headquartered in Cologne, with the province subdivided into Bezirker (districts) of Düsseldorf, Cleves and Cologne from 22 April 1816. The provincial president was Frederick, Count of Solms-Laubach.