|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Megan Young in 2013
Megan Lynne Young|
February 27, 1990
Alexandria, Virginia, U.S.
|Hometown||Olongapo, Zambales, Philippines|
Trinity University of Asia|
De La Salle–College of Saint Benilde
|Occupation||Actress, beauty queen, host, VJ, model, peace ambassador|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
Miss World Philippines 2013|
Miss World 2013
Miss World Philippines 2013|
Miss World 2013
(Miss World Asia)
Megan Lynne Young (born February 27, 1990) is a Filipino-American actress, model, TV Host and beauty queen. She won the Miss World Philippines title and was later crowned as Miss World 2013 in Bali, Indonesia. The American-born Filipina is the first representative of the Philippines to win the title of Miss World. Young started as a contestant of the reality television show StarStruck and later became a member of ABS-CBN's Star Magic but she returned as a contract artist under GMA Network. She is the elder sister of actress Lauren Young.
Early life and education
Young was born in Alexandria, Virginia to a Filipino mother and American father. She is the daughter of Victoria Talde who hails from Pandan, Antique and Calvin Cole Young III. Young's family moved to Olongapo City, Zambales, Philippines when she was ten. She attended secondary education in Regional Science High School III in Subic Bay Freeport Zone from 2002 to 2005 before moving to Manila to pursue her acting career. She has been studying filmmaking at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde since 2011.
2004–07: Early acting career in GMA
Young's first showbiz break was through the second season of the talent reality search, StarStruck, wherein she placed in the top six. Her first acting job in GMA was in Love to Love Presents: Love Ko Urok wherein she played the role of Meg. She then played the role of Anna in Asian Treasures and the role of a fairy in Mga Kuwento ni Lola Basyang.
2007–14: Transfer to ABS-CBN
Young first appeared in ABS-CBN in the youth oriented show "Star Magic Presents" Astigs and Abt Ur Luv. She also played the role of Shane in Kokey, opposite Zanjoe Marudo. She became well known when she appeared as one of the celebrity housemates in Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2, dubbed as "The Princess of Charm". After PBB, she portrayed the villain Marcela in ABS-CBN's remake of I Love Betty La Fea opposite John Lloyd Cruz. In 2009, she was one of four personalities introduced as video jockeys for the relaunching of Channel [V] Philippines. Young also became an occasional host in several shows in Studio 23. In 2012, Young had her big break as a lead actress in Hiyas, reuniting with Zanjoe Marudo as her love interest. In 2013, she appeared in TV5's dramas Never Say Goodbye and Misibis Bay.
Aside from television, Young has also starred in a few films, one of which was The Reunion, where she played Toyang, opposite Xian Lim. Young was nominated as Outstanding Guest Star on Dahsyatnya Awards 2014.
2015–present: Return to GMA Network
In March 2015, Megan Young returned to GMA Network after four years of exclusive contract with ABS-CBN. Her comeback project in the Kapuso Network is the most anticipated second adaptation of the hit Mexicanovela MariMar where she plays the title role. She is paired with Tom Rodriguez who plays the role of her love interest Sergio. Interestingly, her sister Lauren Young is also part of the show and plays the role of MariMar's main antagonist Antonia. This marks their second project together after Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv Ur Lyf 2.
Megan is also one of the hosts in the sixth edition of the reality talent search Starstruck which launched her career as an artist. She's working alongside Dingdong Dantes as main host, and her co-Starstruck alumni Mark Herras, Rocco Nacino, Miguel Tanfelix and Kris Bernal, who serve as journey hosts. The show premiered on September 7, 2015.
Miss World Philippines 2013
She was named Miss World Philippines 2013 during the pageant coronation night on August 18, 2013.
Miss World 2013
Young was crowned as Miss World 2013 in Bali, Indonesia, making her the first Filipina to win the title of Miss World since its creation in 1951. During the preliminaries, she also won the "Top Model" competition, placed second in the "People's Champion," placed fourth in the "Multimedia Challenge" and fifth in the "Beach Beauty" contest.
Young also received the Continental Queen of Beauty title as Miss World Asia 2013, the highest ranked contestant in the Asian region.
Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts
Miss World's Beauty with a Purpose organisation decided to direct their fundraising activities for the victims of the typhoon by going to different locations around the world. Young went to U.S. cities, Newark, New York City and Los Angeles to hold fundraisers and appeared in the television program Good Morning America in ABC to appeal for donations. She also visited Hong Kong and Indonesia before going back to her country to personally deliver the proceeds.
Megan Young finally arrived in the Philippines in November 27, 2013. In her second day in the country, Young went to the areas heavily affected by the typhoon and distributed the relief together with the Philippine Red Cross. She particularly visited the provinces of Leyte, Samar and Iloilo.
|2005||Say That You Love Me||Anna||GMA Films|
|2009||Pangarap Kong Jackpot||Eula||Golden Lion Productions|
|Shake, Rattle & Roll XI||Lucia||Regal Films|
|2010||Astro Mayabang||–||Cinema One Entry|
|White House||Mikey Trinidad||Regal Films|
|Sigwa||Dolly (young Dawn Zulueta)||Cinemalaya Entry|
|Babe, I Love You||Gaita Borromeo||Star Cinema & Viva Films|
|2011||Enteng Ng Ina Mo||Ina Azul||Star Cinema|
|Won't Last A Day Without You||Melissa||Star Cinema & Viva Films|
|2012||The Reunion||Antonia 'Toyang' Castro||Star Cinema|
|2013||Bang Bang Alley||Abbey||Curve Entertainment|
|2017||Our Mighty Yaya||Regal Entertainment|
|2007||"Nagmamahal ng Tunay"||Piolo Pascual|
- Simi John (September 28, 2013). "Miss World 2013: Miss Philippines Megan Young Crowned Winner". International Business Times. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "Megan Young is Miss World PH 2013". ABS-CBN News. August 19, 2013. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "Miss Philippines Megan Young crowned as Miss World 2013". BIHARPRABHA. September 28, 2013. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "Miss Philippines crowned the new Miss World". CNN. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "Megan Young crowned Miss World 2013". GMA Network. September 28, 2013. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "Megan Young crowned Miss World 2013". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 28, 2013. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- "MEGAN YOUNG". Star Magic. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- Chelo Aestrid (September 29, 2013). "Miss World Megan Young – Get To Know Her [Video]". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- Ira Agting (September 29, 2013). "8 fun facts about Megan Young". Rappler. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- "Megan Young enjoys playing Kontrabida roles". ABS-CBN News. December 23, 2011.
- Ed Uy (August 24, 2013). "Her time, her throne". The Manila Times. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- Tinna S. Bonifacio (January 2009). "Young, but not restless". JobsDB.com. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Vittorio Hernandez (September 29, 2013). "Miss World 2013: A Look Back at Megan Young from Starstruck to Most Beautiful Woman in the World (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)". International Business Times. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Megan Young returns to GMA; signs exclusive contract | GMANetwork.com – Entertainment – Home of Kapuso shows and stars – Articles. GMANetwork.com (February 3, 2015). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- It's official: Megan Young is 'Marimar' | GMANetwork.com – Entertainment – Home of Kapuso shows and stars – Photos. GMANetwork.com (February 3, 2015). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Megan Young as Marimar | Showbiz | GMA News Online. Gmanetwork.com (August 5, 2015). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Megan Young back with GMA 7 to host ‘Starstruck’ | Inquirer Entertainment. Entertainment.inquirer.net (March 31, 2015). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- "Actress Megan Young is 2013 Ms World Philippines". The Philippine Star. August 19, 2013. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- Joyce Burton-Titular (October 1, 2013). "From Vivien to Megan: The PH in Miss World history". Rappler. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- "Miss World Joins 100 Women Season on the BBC!". Miss World. October 7, 2013. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "Megan Young now in Cannes". ABS-CBN News. October 8, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Veronica Pulumbarit, The FilAm (October 23, 2013). "Miss World Megan Young in whirlwind New York visit". GMA News. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Riza Ornos (November 5, 2013). "Breaking News: Miss World Megan Young Survives in Haiti Accident, MWO Chairman Suffers Serious Fall". International Business Times. Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Indonesia Photoshoot". Miss World. February 21, 2014. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "What's the next stop for jet-setting Megan Young?". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. December 2, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "Miss Mundo 2013 visitará la Isla". Metro. July 29, 2014. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- Rhodri Phillips (November 19, 2013). "Philippines fund soars £400,000". The Sun (United Kingdom). Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Pau Aguilera (November 16, 2013). "Miss World Megan Young ushers fundraising efforts in US". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- InterAksyon (November 15, 2013). "Miss World Megan Young to hold fundraisers in US for PH typhoon victims". News5. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Megan on 'Good Morning America' for 'Yolanda' appeal". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. November 20, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Megan Young's next stop: Hong Kong". ABS-CBN News. November 26, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Megan visits Indonesia, raises more funds for typhoon victims". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. November 27, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Momar Visaya (November 27, 2013). "Miss World 2013 Megan Young: Beauty with a Purpose". Asian Journal. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Ariel Fernandez (November 28, 2013). "Megan Young arrives from world tour to help Yolanda victims". GMA News and Public Affairs. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Megan Young back in PH for Yolanda victims". Rappler. November 28, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Joey Gabieta (November 30, 2013). "Miss World spreads joy to survivors". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Jenny Reyes (November 29, 2013). "Megan Young brings smiles to typhoon survivors in Leyte". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Carlo Mateo (November 29, 2013). "Miss World 2013 visits Yolanda victims in Samar". GMA News and Public Affairs. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- ANC/Yahoo! News Philippines. "Megan Young visits Estancia, Iloilo". Yahoo! News. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Megan Young.|
|Awards and achievements|
| Succeeded by|
|Miss World Asia
| Succeeded by|
|Miss World Top Model
| Succeeded by|
|Miss World Philippines
| Succeeded by|