Aerial view of Berkel en Rodenrijs
Location in South Holland
|Coordinates: 51°59′N 4°30′E / 51.983°N 4.500°ECoordinates: 51°59′N 4°30′E / 51.983°N 4.500°E|
|Established||1 January 2007|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Pieter van de Stadt|
|• Total||56.37 km2 (21.76 sq mi)|
|• Land||54.28 km2 (20.96 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.09 km2 (0.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−5 m (−16 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||1,060/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Lansingerland is the name for the new municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. It was formed on 1 January 2007, by the merger of the municipalities of Berkel en Rodenrijs, Bleiswijk and Bergschenhoek, collectively known as the "B-Triangle". The former municipality of Tempel, abolished in 1855, is also part of Lansingerland.
The name was chosen from a competition and derived from the name Lansingh, the height-of-land between the Delfland and Schieland Water Boards, which runs between the "B-Triangle" villages. The choice of name is symbolic: the name of the border that formerly divided the area, now unites it. The "h" in Lansingh was dropped to ease spelling.
Lansingerland consists of the following communities:
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Lansingerland, June 2015
On 18 September 2007 Ewald van Vliet was installed as the first mayor of Lansingerland.
|2015||Pieter van de Stadt|
|2007||Ewald van Vliet|
The municipal council of Lansingerland consists of 31 seats. They were last contested in March 2014 and the results were as follows:
|Partij van de Arbeid (Nederland) - PvdA||3||2|
|Christen Democratisch Appèl - CDA||6||6|
|Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie - VVD||6||5|
|Partij tot Behoud Huis de Haas||1||-|
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2007" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2007]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Samenstelling B&W" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Lansingerland. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 2662SB". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
||Zoetermeer||Alphen aan den Rijn|
|Pijnacker-Nootdorp||Rotte / Zuidplas|