King Henry VIII Preparatory School
"Confide Recte Agens"|
Have the confidence to do what is right
|Headteacher||Mrs Gillian Bowser|
|Founder||Rev. Kenelm Swallow|
Coordinates: 52°23′45″N 1°31′20″W / 52.3958°N 1.5223°W
King Henry VIII Preparatory School (KHPS) is an independent school in Coventry, England with 210 pupils (approx) aged from 5 to 11 years old. It also has a Nursery, Bright Futures Playclub, for an additional 40 children (approx) aged from three to four years old. Its main building and playing field overlook the War Memorial Park, and its main gates are on The Firs, a street off Kenilworth Road.
The school was re-formed in September 2008 when Coventry Preparatory School merged with King Henry VIII Junior School to form the new King Henry VIII Preparatory School. The two school sites were maintained and the current Coventry Preparatory School site takes pupils from three to eight years old and the King Henry VIII site takes the older children from 8 to 11 years old.
Coventry Preparatory School is also known as "The Swallows", after Rev. Kenelm Swallow, who founded the school in 1920. The main building of the school was previously a large house, built in 1720. It has been owed by the Coventry School Foundation since 1992. In September 2007 the School opted to take pupils up to age 11 years and no longer accepted children aged from age 11 to 13 years.
- AA Street by Street. Coventry Rugby (2nd edition (May 2003) ed.). AA Publishing. p. 39. ISBN 0-7495-3973-9.
- Charity Commission. Coventry School Foundation, registered charity no. 528961.
- "King Henry VIII Preparatory School". Retrieved 26 December 2007.
- Official website
- Coventry School Foundation
- Profile on the ISC website
- Ofsted report for daycare provision