|Roman Catholic bishop of Saint Cloud|
|Appointed||5 July 1897|
|Installed||21 September 1897|
|Term ended||15 April 1915|
|Ordination||8 September 1865|
|Birth name||Jakob Trobec|
10 July 1838|
Log pri Polhovem Gradcu, Slovenia
14 December 1921|
Brockway Township, Stearns County, Minnesota
James Trobec was born in Log pri Polhovem Gradcu, Slovenia as Jakob Trobec. He first studied theology in Ljubljana, and then emigrated to the United States in 1864, where he studied at the seminary at St. Vincent's Benedictine Archabbey in Latrobe, Pennsylvania (also known as Beatty). He was ordained a priest on September 8, 1865 in St. Paul, Minnesota. On July 5, 1897, Pope Leo XIII appointed Trobec Bishop of the Saint Cloud Diocese and he was ordained a bishop on September 21, 1897; Bishop Trobec retired on April 15, 1915. He died on December 14, 1921 in Brockway, Minnesota.
The James Trobec Arts Center in Polhov Gradec
- Savnik, Roman, ed. 1971. Krajevni leksikon Slovenije, vol. 2. Ljubljana: Državna založba Slovenije, p. 408.
- Friš, Darko. 1999. "Trobec, James." Enciklopedija Slovenije. Ljubljana: Mladinska knjiga, p. 348.
- "Bishop James Trobec". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- James Trobec at Find A Grave (with photo of gravestone)
- Arnez, John A. 1984. Slovenian Letters. New York: Studia Slovenica, p. 14.
- "Pogreb Škofa Jakova Trobca." Glasilo K.S.K. Jednote. (28 December 1921; Joliet, IL). 7(52): 1.
- John Trobec at Find A Grave (with photo of gravestone)
- Joseph Trobec at Find A Grave (with photo of gravestone)
- Blaž Trobec at Find A Grave (with photo of gravestone)
- John Seliškar at Find A Grave (with photo of gravestone)