Church of the Immaculate Conception (Avon, Minnesota)
Church of the Immaculate Conception
|Nearest city||Avon, Minnesota|
|Coordinates||45°39′42″N 94°28′28″W / 45.66167°N 94.47444°WCoordinates: 45°39′42″N 94°28′28″W / 45.66167°N 94.47444°W|
|Area||2.5 acres (1.0 ha)|
|MPS||Ethnic Hamlet Churches-Stearns County Catholic Settlement Churches TR|
|NRHP Reference #||82003038|
|Added to NRHP||April 15, 1982|
Church of the Immaculate Conception is an historic church on County Highway 9 in Avon, Minnesota, United States, and part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saint Cloud. The original structure, a small wood-framed building, was built in 1887 by a Polish immigrant community in the area of Pelican Lake. In June 1902 the church was completely destroyed by fire. A new building, of yellow brick, was built in the winter of 1902 and dedicated in October 1903. It was listed on the National Register in 1982.
Since 1995 the parish has been part of a cluster with the former St. Hedwig and St. Mary churches in Holdingford, Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Opole, and St. Columbkille, in St. Wendel, and is known as Immaculate Conception, St. Anna. In June 2011, the two churches in Holdingford united into one parish called the Church of All Saints.
- Media related to Church of the Immaculate Conception (Avon, Minnesota) at Wikimedia Commons