Corvisart (Paris Métro)
Corvisart is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 at the intersection of the Rue du Corvisart and the Boulevard Auguste Blanquis in the 13th arrondissement.
The station in 1906
The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. It is named after the Rue Corvisart, which commemorates Jean Nicolas des Marels, Baron Corvisart (1755–1821), who was an important figure in the history of French medicine, specialising in the lungs and the heart, and the personal doctor of Napoleon. Nearby was the location of the Barrière de Croulebarbe, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.
The station is near the Butte-aux-Cailles neighbourhood and the École nationale supérieure des télécommunications.
||Mezzanine for platform connection|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.