Cambronne (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
15th arrondissement of Paris|
|Coordinates||48°50′51″N 2°18′11″E / 48.847537°N 2.302937°ECoordinates: 48°50′51″N 2°18′11″E / 48.847537°N 2.302937°E|
|Opened||24 April 1906|
Location within Paris
The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. The Place Cambronne commemorates Vicomte Pierre Cambronne (1770–1842) who was a general at the Battle of Waterloo. The station was the location of the Barrière de l’École-Militaire, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished before 1859.
Nearby is the headquarters of UNESCO.
|toward Charles de Gaulle – Étoile||← toward Charles de Gaulle – Étoile (La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle)|
|toward Nation||toward Nation (Sèvres – Lecourbe) →|
|1F||Mezzanine for platform connection|
- Cambronne station exterior
- Cambronne station entrance
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cambronne (Paris Metro).|