Chambers Flat, Queensland
Logan City, Queensland
Tamborine Mountain seen from Chambers Flat, 2014
|Population||2,464 (2011 census)|
|Location||30 km (19 mi) south of Brisbane CBD|
The southern and eastern boundary of Chambers Flat follows the Logan River.
In the 2011 census, Chambers Flat was 2,464 with 50.2% of the population female and 49.8% male. The median/average age of the Chambers Flat population recorded a population of 42 people years of age, 5 years above the Australian average. 75.3% of people living in Chambers Flat were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 6%, New Zealand 4.2%, Taiwan 1.1%, Laos 1.1%, Vietnam 1%. 86.8% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 2.3% Hmong, 1.3% Vietnamese, 1.2% Mandarin, 1.1% Mon-Khmer, nec, 0.7% Khmer.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Chambers Flat (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Chambers Flat (entry 45259)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Chambers Flat". Suburbs. Logan City Council. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Agency ID8795, Chambers Flat State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chambers Flat, Queensland.|
- * Logan Village State School (1975), Centenary souvenir booklet, Logan Village — includes information on Chambers Flat State School