Logan City, Queensland
|Population||695 (2011 census)|
|Location||33 km (21 mi) from Brisbane CBD|
Stockleigh is a low density semi-rural locality with larger acreage blocks. Stockleigh has an environmental park and a small housing estate in the east, near Logan Village.
When pioneer Will Elworthy settled in the district in 1863 the area to be known as Stockleigh was named after his birthplace in Devon, England.
When farmers turned to intensive dairying, milk and cream could be transported to the Kingston dairy factory via the Maclean Bridge over the Logan River immediately west of Stockleigh.
In the 2011 census, Stockleigh recorded a population of 695 people, 48.8% female and 51.2% male.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Stockleigh (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Stockleigh (entry 45290)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Stockleigh". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Agency ID9228, Stockleigh State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Logan Village State School (1975), Centenary souvenir booklet, Logan Village — includes information on Stockleigh State School