Central Bank of Brazil
|Coordinates||15°48′11″S 47°53′08″W / 15.803083°S 47.885510°WCoordinates: 15°48′11″S 47°53′08″W / 15.803083°S 47.885510°W|
|Established||December 31, 1964|
|Central bank of||Brazil|
BRL (ISO 4217)
The Central Bank is linked with the Ministry of Finance. Like other central banks, the Brazilian central bank is the principal monetary authority of the country. It received this authority when it was founded by three different institutions: the Bureau of Currency and Credit (SUMOC), the Bank of Brazil (BB), and the National Treasury.
The Bank is active in promoting financial inclusion policy and is a leading member of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion. It is also one of the original 17 regulatory institutions to make specific national commitments to financial inclusion under the Maya Declaration during the 2011 Global Policy Forum in Mexico.
- Ilan Goldfajn - 09/06/2016–present
- Alexandre Tombini - 01/01/2011 - 09/06/2016
- Henrique Meirelles - 01/01/2003 - 31/12/2010.
- Arminio Fraga - 03/04/1999 - 01/01/2003.
- Gustavo Henrique de Barroso Franco - 08/20/1997 - 03/04/1999
- Gustavo Jorge Laboissière Loyola - 06/13/1995 - 08/20/1997
- Pérsio Arida - 01/11/1995 - 06/13/1995
- Gustavo Henrique de Barroso Franco - 12/31/1994 - 01/11/1995 (interim)
- Pedro Malan - 09/09/1993 - 12/31/1994