Ministry of Education (Brazil)
|Formed||14 November 1930|
|Headquarters||Brasília, Distrito Federal|
|Annual budget||R$ 101,3 billion (2015)|
The functions of this ministry is to elaborate a national education policy in early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, higher education, youth and adult education, among other teachings (professional, special and distance education) Taking their proper decisions so that these are met.
The acronym MEC used to refer to Ministério da Educação e Cultura, Portuguese for Ministry of Education and Culture. However, in 1985 the Ministry was split in two: Ministry of Education and Ministry of Culture.
- Instituto Benjamin Constant
- Universities and higher education in Brazil
- Undergraduate education in Brazil
- Graduate degrees in Brazil
- Bachelor's degree in Brazil
- CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
- Lattes Platform
- Brazilian science and technology
- Coordenadoria de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- INEP (National Institute for Research on Education)