|City and Commune|
Avenida Isidora Goyenechea (Isidora Goyenechea Avenue).
|Coordinates (city): 33°24.7′S 70°33′W / 33.4117°S 70.550°WCoordinates: 33°24.7′S 70°33′W / 33.4117°S 70.550°W|
|Region||Santiago Metropolitan Region|
|• Alcalde||Francisco De La Maza Chadwick (UDI)|
|• Total||99.4 km2 (38.4 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
Las Condes is a commune of Chile located in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. The area is inhabited primarily by upper-mid- to high income families, and known in the Chilean collective consciousness as home to the country's economic elite. Most of Las Condes′ commercial activity is situated along Apoquindo Avenue where locals have labeled the location "Sanhattan," a portmanteau of Santiago and Manhattan.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Las Condes spans an area of 99.4 km2 (38 sq mi) and has 249,893 inhabitants (110,916 men and 138,977 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 20.1% (41,830 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. The 2006 projected population was 283,226.
- Average annual household income: US$67,672 (PPP, 2006)
- Population below poverty line: 2.3% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 87.42, high, 2 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.933, 2 out of 341 (2003)
- Michelle Bachelet
- Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle
- Sebastián Piñera
- Salvador Allende
- Augusto Pinochet
- Alejandrina Cox
As a commune, Las Condes is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012–2016 alcalde was Francisco De La Maza Chadwick (UDI). The communal council has the following members:
- Carlos Larraín Hurtado (RN)
- Regina Paz Aste Hevia (RN)
- Tomás Fuentes Barros (RN)
- David Jankelevich Waisbein (RN)
- María Carolina Cotapos Mardones (UDI)
- Gabriel Flandez Bórquez (RN)
- Christián Velasco Vignola (UDI)
- Cecilia Serrano Gildemeister (IND)
- Marta Fresno Mackenna (UDI)
- Felipe De Pujadas Abadie (PDC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Las Condes is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Cristián Monckeberg (RN) and Ernesto Silva (UDI) as part of the 23rd electoral district, (together with Vitacura and Lo Barnechea). The commune is represented in the Senate by Manuel José Ossandón (RN) and Carlos Montes (PS) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
Google Chile's headquarters are in Las Condes.
The Deutsche Schule Santiago (or Colegio Alemán de Santiago) maintains two campuses in Las Condes: the Las Condes which has Years 7-12 and the school administration, and the Cerro Colorado campus, which houses preschool.
In addition the Scuola Italiana Vittorio Montiglio is located in Las Condes.
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Las Condes" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- The State of Housing, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003)." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- "Annual Report 2010." (Archive) LAN Airlines. p. 7. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Corporate Headquarters Avenida Presidente Riesco 5711 20th Floor Las Condes, Santiago, Chile"
- "Contact." LATAM Airlines Group. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Contact Pdte. Riesco 5711, 20th floor Las Condes Santiago, Chile "
- "main.swf." (Archive) PAL Airlines. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Casa Central*Carmentina 25*Las Condes*Santiago"
- "Google locations." Google. Retrieved on May 25, 2016. "Google Chile Avda Costanera Sur #2730 Parque Titanium Torre B, Piso 16 Las Condes, Santiago Chile"
- "Dirección y Contacto"/"Adresse und Kontakt." Deutsche Schule Santiago. Retrieved on March 17, 2015. Spanish: "Central Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "SEDE LAS CONDES (7º EB a IV EM) Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "SEDE VITACURA (1º a 6º EB) Dirección: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura " and "SEDE CERRO COLORADO (PRE-ESCOLAR) Dirección: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes " -- German: "Zentrale Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes " and "ABTEILUNG LAS CONDES (Jgst. 7 bis 12) Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "ABTEILUNG VITACURA (Jgst. 1 bis 6) Adresse: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura" and "ABTEILUNG CERRO COLORADO (VORSCHULE) Adresse: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes "
- "Contacto." Scuola Italiana Vittorio Montiglio. Retrieved on November 21, 2015. "Avenida Las Flores 12707 San Carlos de Apoquindo Las Condes Chile"
- (Spanish) Municipality of Las Condes