|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): 33°24.2′S 70°43′W / 33.4033°S 70.717°WCoordinates: 33°24.2′S 70°43′W / 33.4033°S 70.717°W|
|Founded||march 19, 2000|
|• Alcalde||Vicky Barahona Kunstmann (UDI)|
|• Total||24.2 km2 (9.3 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||5,500/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Renca|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Renca spans an area of 24.2 km2 (9 sq mi) and has 133,518 inhabitants (66,253 men and 67,265 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 3.5% (4,546 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. Its 2006 projected population was 134,690.
- Average annual household income: US$17,278 (PPP, 2006)
- Population below poverty line: 19.2% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 63.39, low, 49 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.709, 112 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Renca is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 alcalde is Vicky Barahona Kunstmann (UDI). The communal council has the following members:
- Víctor Barahona Ugarte (UDI)
- Nora Contreras Canales (UDI)
- Renato Estay Cabrera (UDI)
- Cristián Rojas Pizarro (IND)
- Berta Roquer Casanova (PDC)
- Teresa Cordero Villarroel (PPD)
- Cristián Sandoval Saavedra (PDC)
- Silvia Contreras Morales (PC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Renca is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Karla Rubilar (RN) and María Antonieta Saa (PPD) as part of the 17th electoral district, (together with Conchalí and Huechuraba). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Renca" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile. Archived April 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003) Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Renca.|
- (Spanish) Municipality of Renca