|Coordinates: 48°16′8″N 10°53′27″E / 48.26889°N 10.89083°ECoordinates: 48°16′8″N 10°53′27″E / 48.26889°N 10.89083°E|
|• Mayor||Franz Feigl (CSU)|
|• Total||18.40 km2 (7.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Königsbrunn (Swabian: Kenigsbrunn) is a municipality and the largest town in the district of Augsburg, in Bavaria, Germany. It is situated on the left bank of the Lech, approx. 10 km south of Augsburg.
Königsbrunn is one of the youngest settlements in Bavaria. It became an independent commune in 1842 and obtained the municipal law 125 years later, in 1967. In 1688 the bishop built a custom house at the crossroad of Via Claudia, which is called the "Neuhaus" (meaning new house). It is the oldest building of the young city.
- CSU: 12 seats (-5)
- SPD: 6 seats (+2)
- Free Voters: 6 seats (+2)
- Alliance '90/The Greens: 3 seats (=)
- Independents: 2 seats (+2)
- FDP/Bürgerforum: 1 seats (-1)
Franz Feigl of the CSU has been Mayor since 2014.
The responsible police station for Königsbrunn is the police station of Bobingen.
The fire station of the volunteer fire brigade of Königsbrunn is located at St.-Johannes-Straße 42 in Königsbrunn. Here a Löschzug (platoon for fire fighting) and a Rüstzug (platoon for technical help, e.g. road accidents) are stationed. There is no fixed area of responsibility. The public-safety answering point (PSAP) of Augsburg is responsible for alerting the fire brigade. The PSAP is always alerting the closest rescue vehicle to an emergency. Administrative borders like counties etc. do not matter here. The area of operation is about Königbrunn itself including the 4 lane B17 and for support the towns around.
- Mercateum, the worlds biggest globe to rely on a historical map
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). June 2016.
- "Stadt Koenigsbrunn - 1. Bürgermeister und Stadträte - resultierend aus dem Wahlergebnis". Retrieved 2014-06-20.