|The Right Reverend|
|Bishop of Bradwell|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Chelmsford|
|In office||2012 to present|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Wilts (2004–2012)|
1985 (deacon) |
|Consecration||25 January 2012|
|Birth name||John Michael Wraw|
|Born||4 February 1959|
Wraw's first pastoral appointment was as a curate at Bromyard, Herefordshire. He then moved to South Yorkshire as the Team Vicar of Sheffield Manor (1988–1992), Vicar of St James' Church, Clifton (1992–2001) and Priest-in-Charge of Wickersley (2001–2004). While at Wickersley, he was chair of the Diocesan Faith and Justice Committee and served as chair of Voluntary Action Rotherham. Also during that period, he was Area Dean of Rotherham (1998–2004) and an honorary canon of Sheffield Cathedral (2001–2004). From 2004, he was the Archdeacon of Wilts and has been the chair of the Wiltshire Local Strategic Partnership.
Wraw's nomination to become the suffragan Bishop of Bradwell was announced on 26 July 2011, in succession to Laurie Green who resigned on 28 February 2011. His consecration took place on 25 January 2012 and he was commissioned into his episcopal ministry in the diocese on 29 January.
Wraw is married to Gillian and they have four children. His interests include the theatre and walking. He was also a crew member in the 2009–2010 Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. In June 2014 he announced that he had been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and was about to undergo intense chemotherapy treatments. He later took a temporary hiatus from his duties in order to concentrate on his treatment. Almost a year after his diagnosis, Wraw announced that his Myeloma was in remission after he underwent a Stem cell transplant, and that he will be fully resuming his duties as bishop.
For further information on forms of address ("styles") traditionally given to clergy of the Church of England, see Crockford's Clerical Directory and forms of address in the United Kingdom.
Regardless of their formal style(s), a person may choose which styles to use or not use.
- The Reverend John Wraw (1985–2001)
- The Reverend Canon John Wraw (2001–2004)
- The Venerable John Wraw (personal: 2004–2012)
- The Venerable The Archdeacon of Wilts (official: 2004–2012)
- The Right Reverend John Wraw (personal: 2012–present)
- The Right Reverend The Bishop of Bradwell (official: 2012–present)
- Who's Who – BRADWELL, Area Bishop of
- "Suffragan Bishop of Bradwell". Number10. 26 July 2011.
- St James, Clifton. A Church Near You. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Chelmsford Diocese – The Month, December 2011. chelmsford.anglican.org. Retrieved on 7 January 2012.
- "New Bishop of Bradwell says God's mission has no limit" (Press release). Diocese of Chelmsford. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
It is anticipated that John will start his ministry as bishop early in 2012