Peter Hill (bishop)
He grew up in Swansea. He studied at the University of Manchester, then the University of Nottingham. He spent eight years teaching in Manchester before training for the ministry at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford.
He was curate of St James' Church, Porchester in Nottingham from 1983 to 1986 and Vicar of All Saints' Church, Huthwaite from 1986 to 1995. Appointed Priest-in-Charge of St Wilfrid's Church, Calverton in 1995 he also served as Area Dean of Southwell from 1997 to 2001. He moved from both posts in 2004 to be Diocesan Chief Executive. He is also currently Vice Chair of the Dioceses Commission.
- ‘BARKING, Area Bishop of’, Who's Who 2015, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2015; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014 ; online edn, Oct 2014 accessed 29 Jan 2015
- "Suffragan Bishop of Barking: Peter Hill". Government Digital Service. Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Peter Hill Archdeacon of Nottingham". Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory2008/2009 p383 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Whitaker's Concise Almanack 2012. Bloomsbury Publishing Ltd. ISBN 1408142309