Hereford Cathedral Junior School
|Type||Independent preparatory school|
|Religion||Church of England|
|President||The Very Rev’d Michael Tavinor, Dean of Hereford|
|Headmaster||Mr C Wright|
|Chairman of the Governors||Adam Bligh, 11th Earl of Darnley|
28 Castle Street|
Coordinates: 52°03′13″N 2°42′48″W / 52.05365°N 2.71342°W
Hereford Cathedral Junior School is an independent, co-educational day school for children aged from three to eleven years. The Junior School is part of the Hereford Cathedral Foundation and has been under the aegis of the governors of Hereford Cathedral School since 1987.
The Junior School was founded in 1898 as a separate preparatory school for boys and moved to its present site in 1925. Since being redesignated as a junior school after it was acquired by Hereford Cathedral School, the Junior School has admitted girls and expanded its pupil numbers and its premises. It now provides a continuous education for boys and girls between the ages of two and eleven. Both schools now share the same governors.
The school occupies a number of historic and unusual buildings ranging from the Grade two star listed No. 28 and the ancient 14th century "Hall of the Vicars Choral" right up to the 21st century RIBA award winning Moat, which houses the Pre-Prep department.
Hereford Cathedral Junior School is, like the Senior School, located in Castle Street in the city of Hereford. It occupies an assortment of Medieval and Georgian buildings, and shares sports grounds (Wyeside) with the Senior School.
- 2009 Inspection Report