Victor Anastacio |
Ronald Allan Habon
Edgar Mortiz |
|Opening theme||"Goin' Bulilit" theme song|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||555 (as of November 27, 2016)|
|Executive producer(s)||Nomie Meraña|
|Editor(s)||Joseph Karl Mayshle|
|Running time||45 minutes|
480i (SDTV) (2005-2016) |
1080i (HDTV) (2016-present)
|Original release||February 6, 2005 – present|
Goin' Bulilit (lit. Goin' Kids) is a sketch comedy show broadcast on and created by ABS-CBN in the Philippines. It is aired every Sunday after TV Patrol Weekend and before Pinoy Boyband Superstar. It is a gag show featuring children in various comedic situations.
The show's aim is to provide laughter towards the audience by showcasing gags, sketches, and segments. The cast is composed of child actors, excluding Dagul, who portrays different roles ranging from young to old characters every week to bring entertainment.
At the end of 2005, Goin Bulilit immediately received an award from the PMPC Star Awards for TV for "Best Gag Show", tied with Bubble Gang. Soon after, the show received multiple awards and nominations among variety of award-giving bodies such as the KBP Golden Dove Awards and the Gawad TANGLAW. In addition, not only is the show being recognized, but also to the casts. In fact, the PMPC Star Awards for TV had nominated Sharlene San Pedro for "Best Comedy Actress" two times consecutively, as well as single nominations for Harvey Bautista, Aaliyah Belmoro, and Ashley Sarmiento for "Best New Male/Female TV Personality" category.
Though its cast is almost entirely kids, Goin' Bulilit creator Edgar "Bobot" Mortiz admitted that the show is not for kids. He added that the ABS-CBN wanted a gag show that can compete with Bubble Gang of rival GMA Network, but as the network have not enough suitable actors for the planned program, he thought up of having one with kids instead.
Goin' Bulilit marked its 10th anniversary last February 1, 2015
The weekly show provides different segments such as "Palarong Pambata" (Kiddie games), "Use in a Sentence" and "Sino Daw" (one liner jokes), as well as parodies of some top-rating shows including Rated KKK (Rated K), The Buzz, and Lovers in Pares (Lovers in Paris).
Production and crew
The show was created by Edgar Mortiz, who co-directed with his son, Frasco Mortiz. The show is a spin-off of 80's comedy sitcom Goin' Bananas starring Christopher de Leon, Edgar Mortiz, Jay Ilagan, and Johnny Delgado. Roderick Victoria served as the Creative Manager. The creative/writing team was led by headwriter Sherwin Buenvenida and included writers Rolf Mahilom, Josel Garlitos, Toffie Runas, Yani Yuzon and Badjie Mortiz.
Cast and characters
Remaining first batch (Original cast)
- Dagul – Dagul is the oldest and the only adult among the group. In addition, he is the only person who will not be leaving or "graduating" in the show.
Remaining Eighth batch
- Izzy Canillo – Canillo is known to act with Carino and Delgado in their skits such as Sinetch Itey and Boom Panes. He is also impersonates Jopet Sison in Ipaglaban Mwa (Ipaglaban Mo!), Kim Atienza in Matanglawin, and Ted Failon in GB Patrol as Li-ted Failon (TV Patrol).
- Clarence Delgado – Delgado is known to act with Canillo and Carino in their skits such as Sinetch Itey and Boom Panes.
Remaining Ninth batch
- Bea Basa – Basa is known in impersonating Jessica Soho in Ang Puso Mo Juicy Ka Soho (Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho)
Remaining Tenth batch
- Mutya Orquia – Orquia impersonates Amy Perez as Amy Imfernes in Umagang Kay Bongga Umagang Kay Ganda and Gretchen Fullido as Gretchen Palito in Barubal. Most recently, she is well known for portraying a parody of Ningning in a segment called Praningning
Remaining Eleventh batch
- JB Agustin
- CX Navarro
- Allyson Mcbride
- Kazumi Porquez
- Ashley Sarmiento
- John Steven de Guzman
- Margarette Mitch Naco
- Lily Yulores
- Vito Quizon
- Marc Santiago
- Chun Sa Jung – Chun is known as "Chuchay" in the segment "Ay, Chuchay!"
- Sophia Corine
- Cessa Moncera
- Nathan Prats
- Marco Masa
- Janna Agoncillo
Except for Dagul, the casting of the show is dedicated exclusively to the kids. In particular, it enforces an age limit of twelve to thirteen years of age. Casts who have grown up and go beyond the certain age will leave the show and "graduate". Before leaving, the soon-to-be graduates will have their one last episode dedicated to them as a farewell gift. Present casts will sing song/s while a video showing their scenes in the show is being shown. The alumni of the show will be present as well as the graduates will bid their goodbyes.
The following are the graduates who left the show after they graduated, or they simply graduated:
- First batch: March 5, 2006
- Alfred Labatos – Labatos' character is mostly portraying older people, usually a father or a bully. He is usually paired with Katrina "Hopia" Legaspi.
- EJ Jallorina – Jallorina is known for his impersonation of the talk show host Boy Abunda, together with Katrina "Hopia" Legazpi as the Queen of all Media Kris Aquino for their spoof of ABS-CBN's talk show The Buzz. He also stars in other parodies such as Ginulungan Palad from Gulong ng Palad, Calla Chuchi (Calla Lily) as Calla, Flor de Luha (Maria Flordeluna) as Rene Boy, Pangarap na Bitin (Pangarap na Bituin) as Sapphire, and Plastikman (Lastikman) as Plastikman.
- Second batch: February 11, 2007
- Carl John Barrameda – Barrameda is known for "Carlo" in Lovers in Pares, a parody of Koreanovela Lovers in Paris, together with Nikki Bagaporo and John Manalo. Other parodies that he portray are Passion de Amor as Juan, Agent X Pulpol (Agent X44) as Toni Falco:Agent X44, Ysabellat (Ysabella) as Andrew, Flor de Luha (Maria Flordeluna) as Leo, and Sana Bulilit Muli (Sana Maulit Muli) as Kevin Roque.
- Third batch: June 17, 2007
- Kiray Celis – Celis' character is mostly portraying people who are being bullied.
- Trina "Hopia" Legaspi – Legaspi's character is mostly portraying older people, usually a mother. She is usually paired with Alfred Labastos. In addition, she is known for her impersonation of the Kris Aquino together with EJ Jallorina as Boy Abunda, for their spoof of ABS-CBN's talk show The Buzz. She also stars in Flor de Luha as Wilma, a parody of ABS-CBN series Maria Flordeluna.
- Eliza Pineda – Pineda is usually paired with John Manalo as teen lovers. She is seen portraying Doña Aguida in Flor de Luha (Maria Flordeluna) and Emily Sta. Maria in Sana Bulilit Muli (Sana Maulit Muli).
- Kristel Fulgar – She is seen portraying main roles as Flor de Luha and Ysabellat in the parodies Flor de Luha (Maria Flordeluna) and Ysabellat (Ysabella) respectively.
- Fourth batch: March 2, 2008
- Julia Montes – Montes is known for portraying teen roles (and older roles later on), usually paired with John Manalo or CJ Navato.
- John Manalo – Manalo usually portray teen roles (and older roles later on) in the series. He is paired mostly with Eliza Pineda, Kathryn Bernardo, Jane Oineza and Mara Schnittka. In addition, he is known for "Martin" in Lovers in Pares, a parody of Koreanovela Lovers in Paris, as well as Hua Ze Lei in Meet Your Garden (Meteor Garden), Marco in Princess Lululu (Princess Lulu), Romeo Bato in Sana Bulilit Muli (Sana Maulit Muli), Gabriel "Eli " Hidalgo Roxas in Maging Tsino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik-Bayan (Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik).
- Fifth batch: October 19, 2008
- Kathryn Bernardo – Bernardo joins the cast in the middle of the series. She is known for portraying teen roles (and older roles later on), usually being paired with John Manalo.
- CJ Navato – Navato usually portrays teen roles (and older roles later on), usually paired with Mikylla Ramirez, Jane Oineza, or Mara Schnittka. In addition, he is part of the parodies Meet Your Garden (Meteor Garden) as Dao Ming Zi, and Maging Tsino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik-Bayan (Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik) as Jaime "JB" Roxas-Berenguer.
- Steven Christian Fermo – Ferno is known for "Stephen" in Princess Lululu, a parody of Koreanovela Princess Lulu, as well as Mei Zhuo in Meet Your Garden (Meteor Garden), Chuchi in Calla Chuchi (Calla Lily), Quartz in Pangarap na Bitin (Pangarap na Bituin and Fidel Madrigal in Maging Tsino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik-Bayan (Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik).
- Jane Oineza – Oineza usually portray teen roles (and older roles later on) in the series, being paired usually with CJ Navato or John Manalo.
- Mikylla Ramirez – Ramirez' characters in the show are usually teen or older roles, mostly being paired with CJ Navato.
- Jerome Ponce – Ponce' usually portray teen roles (and older roles later on) in the series being paired with CJ Navato
or John Manalo
- Sixth batch: October 25, 2009
- Nikki Bagaporo – Bagaporo is known for "Vivian" in Lovers in Pares, a parody of Koreanovela Lovers in Paris, together with Carl Barrameda and John Manalo. Other parodies that she portrays are Lululu in Princess Lululu (Princess Lulu and Ginulungan Palad (Gulong ng Palad).
- Yong An Chiu – Chiu is known for his roles Xi Men in Meet Your Garden (Meteor Garden) and Brandon Johnson in Sana Bulilit Muli (Sana Maulit Muli).
- Igi Boy Flores – Flores usually portrays roles for either the bully or the bullied. He also known for portraying Veronica "Veron" Rubio in Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik parody, Maging Tsino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik-Bayan.
- Miles Ocampo – Ocampo is known for portraying teen roles with Igi Boy Flores, as well as characters in the parodies Sana Bulilit Muli (Sana Maulit Muli) and Maging Tsino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik-Bayan (Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik).
- Sharlene San Pedro – San Pedro is mostly known for portraying "Korina K. Kanchez" in Rated KKK, a spoof of Korina Sanchez's Rated K. She had been portraying characters of young until older people over the years, mostly paired with Nash Aguas, and usually paired with Kobi Vidanes and Aaron Junatas. In addition, she is the main character in the show's fifth anniversary special "Goin' Bulilit Presents: Prom the Bottom of my Heart" alongside Nash Aguas in 2010.
- Nash Aguas – Aguas had been portraying characters of young until older people over the years, mostly paired with Sharlene San Pedro, and sometimes paired with Alexa Ilacad and Mika dela Cruz. He also stars in parodies Agent X Pulpol as Komrad, Ysabellat as Rosario, and Margarina as Margarina. In addition, he is the main character in the show's fifth anniversary special "Goin' Bulilit Presents: Prom the Bottom of my Heart" alongside Sharlene San Pedro in 2010.He is also the main character in "Goin' Bulilot Presents: In My Dream" where he was started being a loveteam with Alexa Ilacad
- Mika Dela Cruz- dela Cruz is known for portraying teen to older characters, and is usually paired with Nash Aguas,Andre Garcia and Aaron Junatar
- Aaliyah Benisano - Benisano's characters are usually one of the "mean girls".
- Noemi Oineza - Oineza's characters are usually portraying mean characters.She was the sister of the former gruaduate Jane Oineza
- Kobi Vidanes – Vidanes is usually paired with Sharlene San Pedro for teen or older roles.
- Aaron Junatas – Junatas is known for portraying young, teen and older characters, and is usually paired with Sharlene San Pedro. He also stars in the parody of Passion de Amor as Franco.
- Joseph Andre Garcia – Garcia is usually doing younger roles.
- Alexa Ilacad – Ilacad is usually paired with Nash Aguas or Kobi Vidanes for teen roles.She was the lead role in "Goin' Bulilit Presents: In My Dreams" where she and Nash Aguas started being a loveteam.
- Angel Sy – Sy's characters are usually younger ones or older ones.
- Marco Gumabao – Gumabao Characters are usually teenager ones or older ones.
- Ninth batch: March 23, 2014
- Barbie Sabino –
- Angelo Garcia –
- Tenth batch: August 30, 2015
- Belinda Mariano –
- Miguelito De Guzman –
- Carl Camo –
- Eleventh batch: February 28, 2016
- Bugoy Cariño – Carino is known to act with Delgado and Canillo in their skits such as Sinetch Itey and Boom Panes. He is also known for Nol E-boy De Castro in GB Patrol (Noli de Castro in TV Patrol).
- Harvey Bautista – Bautista impersonated his father Mayor Herbert Bautista in Umagang Kay Bongga Umagang Kay Ganda.
- Brenna Penaflor – Penaflor impersonated Nora Aunor
- Casey Da Silva – Da Silva is known for Korina Sunkist in GB Patrol (Korina Sanchez in TV Patrol).
Former cast members
The following are the former cast members who left the show before they graduated, or they simply did not graduate:
- Basty Alcances
- Amy Nobleza
- Zaijian Jaranilla
- Phillip Nolasco
- Timothy Chan
- Eunice Lagusad
- JJ Zamora
- Angelique Velez
- Sofia Millares
- Julijo Pisk
- Joshua Tecson
- Cyruss Co
- Sophia Baars
- Ella Cruz
- Samantha Gail Campos
- Andrea Brillantes
- Joshen Bernardo
- Cha-Cha Cañete
- Aldred Nasayao
- Jillian Aguila
- Aaliyah Belmoro
- Princess Ortiz
- Daniella Lucas
- Lance Lucido
- Alonzo Muhlach
- Guest Bulilits
The following are kids or "bulilits" who have had guest appearance/s in the show:
- Ryan Christian Recto
- Robert Villar
- Jairus Aquino
- Owie Boy Gapuz
- Rolando Ng
- Fae Roguel
- Queenie Sulit
- Miguel Vergara
- JM Ibañez
- James "Bimby" Aquino-Yap
- Yesha Camile
- Jesse Ongteco
- Louise Bernardo
- Jake Llamas
- Jhoakim Canindo
- Darlene Vibares
- Lyca Gairanod
- Kenshin Pioquinto
- Louise Abuel
- Jon Michael
- Micko Laurente
- Karla Cruz
- Aimi Nishida
- Lordy Girado
- Miguel Enrile
- Klyne Lopez
- Nicoli Lista
- Other guests
The following is the incomplete list of adults who have had guest appearance/s in the show:
- Bea Alonzo
- Gerald Anderson
- Kim Atienza
- Kim Chiu
- John Lloyd Cruz
- Toni Gonzaga
- Xian Lim
- Jolina Magdangal
- Zanjoe Marudo
- Daniel Padilla
- Kathryn Bernardo (also part of Goin' Bulilit from 2006-2008)
- Angelica Panganiban
- Piolo Pascual
- Angeline Quinto
- Jamie Rivera
- Jericho Rosales
- Janella Salvador
- Maja Salvador
- Vilma Santos
- Charo Santos
- Chiz Escudero
- Noli De Castro
|The Best Of Goin' Bulilit|
The Best Of Goin' Bulilit DVD cover
Star Home Video
The Best of Goin' Bulilit, which is released on December 27, 2007, features the best of the first 100 episodes of Goin' Bulilit. The DVD includes the series' best segments, spoofs, gags, and sketches such as "Rekolilit", "Noon at Ngayon", "Hinulugang Taktak", "Mahal Mo Ba Ako?", "Lovers In Pares", "Rated KKK", "Ginulungang Palad", and "GB Patrol". It also includes a bonus feature for bloopers. Special features include the "Best Funny Faces" compilation and interviews of the kids.
The show also features videos of kids who auditioned for the show. Makisig Morales was included in the Batch 3 of the people who auditioned, but did not get in.
Basically, the cast includes the first batch of Goin' Bulilit.
- Sharlene San Pedro
- Yong An Chiu
- Jane Oineza
- Mikylla Ramirez
- Alfred Labatos
- CJ Navato
- Carl Barrameda
- Steven Fermo
- Kristel Fulgar
- Miles Ocampo
- John Manalo
- Eliza Pineda
- Nash Aguas
- Julia "Mara" Montes
- Kiray Celis
- EJ Jallorina
- Nikki Bagaporo
- Katrina "Hopia" Legaspi
- Angel Sy
- Basty Alcanes
- Igi Boy Flores
- Kobi Vidanes
- Kathryn Bernardo
- Aaron Junatas
- Joshua Tecson
- DVD cover
The following are the cast who are featured on the DVD cover, but not in the video. They are the new kids:
The following individuals and groups, listed in order of appearance, presented or introduced the segments:
- Igiboy Flores - Opening remarks; introduced "Use It", "Old Joke", and "Noon at Ngayon" segments
- John Manalo - "Hinulugang Taktak" sketch, silent comic sketch (based on Charlie Chaplin's)
- Sharlene San Pedro - presented her own segment, "Korina K. Kanchez's Rated KKK" (based on Korina Sanchez's Rated K), "GB Patrol" (based on TV Patrol).
- Nikki Bagaporo - presented "Lovers in Pares" (based on Lovers in Paris), "Ginulungang Palad" (based on "Gulong ng Palad")
- Sharlene San Pedro and Igiboy Flores - introduced a collection of Bulilit's face reactions after throwing a joke, compilation of "Bloopers"
Awards and nominations
|2005||PMPC Star Awards for TV 2005 Winners||Best Gag Show (tied with Bubble Gang)||Won|
|2006||12th KBP Golden Dove Awards||Best Comedy Program||Won|
|2007||29th Catholic Mass Media Awards||Best Comedy Show||Won|
|21st PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|2008||6th Gawad TANGLAW (Gawad Tagapuring mga Akademisyan ng Aninong Gumagalaw)||Best Comedy Program||Won|
|22nd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Won|
|Best Comedy Actress (Sharlene San Pedro)||Nominated|
|2009||7th Gawad TANGLAW (Gawad Tagapuring mga Akademisyan ng Aninong Gumagalaw)||Best Comedy Program||Won|
|23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Actress (Sharlene San Pedro)||Nominated|
|2010||8th Gawad TANGLAW (Gawad Tagapuring mga Akademisyan ng Aninong Gumagalaw)||Best Comedy/Gag Show (tied with Banana Split)||Won|
|2011||25th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|2012||26th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|Best New Male TV Personality (Harvey Bautista)||Nominated|
|2013||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|Best New Female TV Personality (Aaliyah Belmoro)||Nominated|
|Best New Female TV Personality (Ashley Sarmiento)||Nominated|
|2014||22nd KBP Golden Dove Awards||Best TV Comedy Program||Won|
|28th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Won|
|Best Comedy Actor (Harvey Bautista)||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Actor (Bugoy Carino)||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Actor (Clarence Delgado)||Nominated|
|2015||29th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Actor (Clarence Delgado)||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Actress (Mutya Orquia)||Nominated|
|2016||30th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Gag Show||Won|
|24th KBP Golden Dove Awards||Best TV Comedy Program||Won|
- "Goin' Bulilit official website". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "IMDB - Goin' Bulilit".
- "Goin' Bulilit About". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Facebook - Goin' Bulilit".
- Cruz, Marinel R. (2015-02-19). "'Goin' Bulilit' not for kids, says show creator". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- "Goin Bulilit about". Goin Bulilit. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Goin' Bulilit Casts". Goin' Bulilit. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Dagul Will Be The Only Cast Member Of 'Goin Bulilit' Who'Ll Never Graduate From The Show". Showbiz Portal. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Goin’ Bulilit visits Nayong Pilipino". Philstar. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "TV Patrol spoof of 'Goin' Bulilit' kids now on its 7th year". Philstar. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "5 'Goin' Bulilit' kids graduate with tears". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Goin' Bulilit: Nash Aguas, Sharlene San Pedro among 2011 graduates". Sharlene San Pedro official website. Retrieved 2014-04-26.
- "Goin’ Bulilit graduates". Philstar. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- The Best of Goin' Bulilit. Dir. Edgar Mortiz. Perf. Dagul, Nash Aguas, Sharlene San Pedro, Kiray, Basty Alcances, Nikki Bagaporo, Aaron Junatas, Miles Ocampo, Igi Boy Flores, John Manalo, CJ Navato, et.al. 2007. DVD.
- "Catholic Mass Media Awards bares list of winners for 2007". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "PMPC bares nominees in the 21st Star Awards for Television". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "ABS-CBN named Best Station by Gawad TANGLAW". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "ABS-CBN dominates 22nd Star Awards for Television". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "PMPC bares nominees for "22nd Star Awards for Television"". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-04-27.
- "PEP: 7th Gawad TANGLAW honor list revealed". GMA Network. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "23rd Star Awards for Television nominees bared". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Winners of 8th Gawad Tanglaw revealed". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "25th Star Awards for TV nominees bared". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "PMPC bares nominees for 26th Star Awards for TV". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "ABS-CBN dominates nominations for 27th Star Awards for Television". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "ABS-CBN wins big at KBP Golden Dove Awards". ABS-CBN. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "28th Star Awards for Television nominees revealed". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-11-05.