Enrique Álvarez Félix
- For the politician, see Enrique Álvarez.
|Enrique Álvarez Félix|
5 April 1934|
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
24 May 1996 62) (heart attack) (aged|
Mexico City, Mexico
Enrique Álvarez Alatorre
Family and personal life
Enrique Álvarez Félix was the son of Mexican actress María Félix and her first husband, Enrique Álvarez Alatorre. When his parents divorced in 1938, his mother lived for a time at home with her own parents until 1939, when she traveled with Enrique to Mexico City. Soon after, her ex-husband took Enrique. He never married, but was a stepson of Jorge Negrete and stepbrother of Diana Negrete. According to Mexican novelist and essayist Carlos Fuentes, Álvarez Félix was purportedly sexually frustrated and had an Oedipus complex.
Enrique Álvarez Félix died from a heart attack on 24 May 1996, aged 62.
- Corazón salvaje (1966)
- Rina (1977)
- Colorina (1980)
- Tú eres mi destino (1984)
- De pura sangre (1985–86)
- Tal como somos (1987)
- Luz y sombra (1989)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray
- La sonrisa del diablo (1992)
- Marisol (1996)
Álvarez's last acting role was "Leonardo" in Marisol. The title character, Leonardo's niece, was played by Erika Buenfil; Leonardo's wife, Ámparo, was played by Claudia Islas. He died two days after the episode in which his character, Leonardo, was killed off.
- Los Cuervos están de luto (1965)
- Los caifanes (1966)
- Casa de Mujeres (1966)
- Victoria (1972)
- El Monasterio de los Buitres (1973)
- Laberinto de pasiones
- La Casa del Pelícano (1976)
|Josefina Güereña Rosas de Félix|
|María de los Ángeles Félix Güereña|
(1914 – 2002)
|Bernardo Félix Flores|
|Enrique Álvarez Félix|
(1934 – 1996)
|Enrique Álvarez Alatorre|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Enrique Álvarez Félix.|
- Enrique Álvarez Félix filmography
- María Félix filmography
- Enrique's stepfathers:
- María Teresa Lara, step-aunt of Enrique
- Encyclopedia of Latino Popular Culture, Volume 1 by Cordelia Candelaria, Peter J. García and Arturo J. Aldama
- Freud's Mexico: Into the Wilds of Psychoanalysis by Rubén Gallo
- The Hidden God: Film and Faith by Mary Lea Bandy, Antonio Monda, p. 287. New York: Museum of Modern Art, 2004.
- Félix (1993), vol. 1, pp. 65-75
- Notable Twentieth-Century Latin American Women: A Biographical Dictionary by Cynthia Tompkins and David William Foster
- Muerte de Enrique Álvarez Félix
- Corazón salvaje at the Internet Movie Database
- Rina at the Internet Movie Database
- Marisol at the Internet Movie Database
- Álvarez profile at IMDb
- La Casa del Pelícano at the Internet Movie Database
- Álvarez Félix's role as "Nilo" in La Casa del Pelícano is enduringly controversial. He played a son of raped woman, Margarita Ramírez (played by Jacqueline Andere). At the end of the film, Margarita castrates Nilo.
Dictionary of Mexican Literature; edited by Eladio Cortes.
- Celluloid Nationalism and Other Melodramas by Susan Dever, pg. 185. "For spectators who followed national news reports about the late Enrique Álvarez Félix's allegedly difficult relationship with (his) real-life mother María Félix, it may be hard to ignore the irony of Álvarez Félix's character suffering castrating stabs."
- Enrique Álvarez Félix at the Internet Movie Database
- Enrique Álvarez Félix profile with dates of birth and death, Find a Grave
- A short documentary film on Álvarez on YouTube