|Coordinates: 51°1′6″N 18°3′25″E / 51.01833°N 18.05694°ECoordinates: 51°1′6″N 18°3′25″E / 51.01833°N 18.05694°E|
|• Total||7.47 km2 (2.88 sq mi)|
|Elevation||170 m (560 ft)|
|• Density||810/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
Wołczyn [ˈvɔu̯t͡ʂɨn] (German: Konstadt) is a village in Kluczbork County, Opole Voivodeship, Poland, with 6,033 inhabitants as of 2010. According to 2011 data, it covers 7.47 square kilometres (2.88 square miles), and is the seat of Gmina Wołczyn.
Wołczyn was founded circa 1280 AD. Throughout its history, the city has belonged to and been governed by various authorities, including:
- 1294-1312 - The Duchy of Głogów
- 1230-1343 - The Duchy of Oels
- 1343-1436 - The city was taken over by Prince Ludwig of Brzeg
- 1436 - The Duchy of Oels
- 1526 - Rule of the Habsburg Empire
- 1742 - Within the boundaries of the Kingdom of Prussia
- 1945 - Within the boundaries of Poland.
On October 1, 1868, the city was connected to a railway line.
Since 1994, the city hosts an annual "Spotkania Młodych" (Meeting of Youth) organised by the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin.