|Traded as||NYSE: CC|
|Industry||Performance chemicals, titanium dioxide, Viton|
|Headquarters||Wilmington, Delaware, United States|
|Mark P. Vergnano (CEO), Richard H. Brown (Chairman)|
The Chemours Company, commonly referred to as Chemours, is an American chemical company that was founded in July 2015 as a spin-off from DuPont. It has its corporate headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware, United States.
In October 2013, DuPont announced that it was planning to spin off its "performance chemicals" business into a new publicly traded company in mid-2015. DuPont filed its initial Form 10 with the SEC in December 2014 and announced that the new company would be called "The Chemours Company". The spin-off to DuPont shareholders was completed on July 1, 2015 and Chemours' stock began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the same date. Its 180,920,858 shares of common stock were distributed to DuPont shareholders at a par value of one cent each. Chemours has assumed various liabilities arising from lawsuits against DuPont encountered in the normal course of business.
Chemours manufactures and sells performance chemicals falling within three segments: Titanium Technologies (titanium dioxide); Fluoroproducts (refrigerants and industrial fluoropolymer resins and derivatives including Freon, Teflon and Viton); and Chemical Solutions (cyanide, sulfuric acid, aniline, methylamines, and reactive metals).
Board of directors
- Mark P. Vergnano
- Curtis V. Anastasio
- Bradley J. Bell
- Richard H. Brown, chairman of the board
- Mary B. Cranston
- Curtis J. Crawford
- Dawn L. Farrell
- Stephen D. Newlin
- Mark P. Vergnano, chief executive officer
- Mark E. Newman, senior vice president and chief financial officer
- E. Bryan Snell, president - Titanium Technologies
- Thierry F.J. Vanlancker, president - Fluoroproducts
- Christian W. Siemer, president - Chemical Solutions
- David C. Shelton, general counsel and corporate secretary
- Beth Albright, senior vice president human resources
- Casey, Simon (October 24, 2014). "DuPont to Spin Off Performance Chemicals Unit to Shareholders - Bloomberg". Bloomberg News. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- Stynes, Tess (December 18, 2014). "DuPont Names Planned Performance Chemicals Spinoff". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- "DuPont Completes Spin-off of The Chemours Company". PRNewswire (Press release). Wilmington, Del. July 1, 2015. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Information Statement The Chemours Company (Report). The Chemours Company. June 17, 2015. pp. Cover, 2, 182, F–51.
- "Chemours | Leaders in the Chemical Industry". The Chemours Company. 2015. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chemours.|