शाहजहाँपुर شاہجہان پور ਸਾਹਜਹਾਨਪੂਰ
|Coordinates: 27°53′N 79°55′E / 27.88°N 79.91°ECoordinates: 27°53′N 79°55′E / 27.88°N 79.91°E|
|Founded by||Diler Khan and Bahadur Khan|
|Named for||Mugal Emperor Shahjahan|
|Elevation||194 m (636 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 27|
Shahjahanpur was established by Diler Khan and Bahadur Khan, sons of Dariya Khan, a soldier in the army of Mughal Emperor Jahangir. Both Diler Khan and Bahadur Khan were dignitaries in the regime of Shahjahan. Pleased with the services of Diler Khan, Shahjahan gave him 17 villages with the permission to construct fort in 1647, following the suppression of the rebellious Katheria Rajputs.
Shahjahanpur is located at 27°53′N 79°55′E / 27.88°N 79.91°E. It has an average elevation of 194 metres (600 feet). It is situated at the junction of two rivers, namely Khannaut and Garra.
Over the years, the Shahjahanpur gharana contributed eminent sarod players such as Enayat Ali (1883 - 1915), Ustad Murad Ali Khan, Ustad Mohammed Ameer Khan, Pandit Radhika Mohan Moitra and Pandit Buddhadev Das Gupta.
- Ram Prasad Bismil (Freedom Fighter)
- Ashfaqulla Khan (Freedom Fighter)
- Roshan Singh (Freedom Fighter)
- Prem Krishna Khanna (Freedom Fighter)
- Jitendra Prasada (Former M.P.)
- Naik Jadu Nath Singh (Param Vir Chakra)
- Rajpal Yadav (Film Actor)
- Sadh Orhan (Actor)
- Krishna Kumar Srivastava (Theatre Actor)
- Jitin Prasada (Former Cabinet Minister)
- Mithlesh Kumar (Former member of parliament)
- Krishna Raj (MP)
- Hridyesh (Hindi author)
- Mukhveer Singh(Indian Army Man)
Dinesh singh chauhan (Indian Army)
- Gandhi Faiz-E-Aam College
- Arya Mahila Degree College
- Swami Shukdevanand Post Graduate College
- Florence Nightingale College Of Nursing, Kanaujia Campus, Kacha Katra, Hundal Khel Dist. Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Shree Janki Institute Of Higher Education For Women,Pratap Enclave, Diwan Jograj, Bisrat Road, Shahjahanpur-242001 Uttar Pradesh, http://www.jih.org.in/
- Sun Institute Of Management And Technology,Nagla Hazi, Bareilly Road, Shahjahanpur 242001 Uttar Pradesh www.sunspn.org
- Lakshya Institute Of Management & Information Technology, Shahjahanpur www.limit.org.in
- Uttar Pradesh Council for Sugarcane Research, Shahjahanpur
- Government Polytechnic Shahjahanpur
- Varun Arjun Medical College and Rohilkhand Hospital, NH-24, Village - Banthra, Shahjahanpur. www.Carina run medical college.com
- S. K. Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Shahjahanpur
- University Polytechnic, Integral University, Shahjahanpur Campus, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr. Mehrotra N.C. Shahjahanpur Etihasik Evam Sanskritik Dharohar 1999 Pratiman Prakashan 30 Kucha Ray Ganga Prasad Allahabad 211003 India page 114
- Joshi, Rita (1985). The Afghan Nobility and the Mughals 1526-1707. New Delhi: Vikas Pub. House. p. 153. ISBN 9780706927528.
- Chandra, Bipan (14 October 2000). India's Struggle for Independence. Penguin Books Limited. p. 302. ISBN 978-81-8475-183-3. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- Chakraverty, Soumya. "History of the Gharana". Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- Miner, Allyn (1 January 1997). Sitar and Sarod in the 18th and 19th Centuries. Motilal Banarsidass. p. 140.
- "Gharana". Retrieved 8 February 2015.