|Coordinates: 43°49′12″N 15°35′31″E / 43.82°N 15.592°E|
Murter is a town on the eponymous island of Murter in central Dalmatia, Croatia. It forms a municipality of Murter-Kornati, which is separate from the municipality of Tisno that covers the rest of the island.
The town of Murter spans the following areas:
- Hramina cove, where a marina has been built, protected from all winds, making it a safe shelter for yachts.
- Slanica cove, which features a sandy beach, as well as an auto camp and a hotel ("Colentum")
- The old part of the Murter, called "Selo" (the Village), located near the hill Raduč and closer to the island's interior.
Due to Murter residents' growing concentration on the sea, the newer part of Murter was built on the coast of Hramina.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Murter". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.