Modern Hungary Movement
|Vice Presidents||Erzsébet Pusztai|
|Founded||21 April 2013|
Lajos utca 107. II/10.
0 / 199
0 / 21
The Modern Hungary Movement (Hungarian: Modern Magyarország Mozgalom), abbreviated to MoMa, is a liberal conservative political party in Hungary. Founded by former Finance Minister Lajos Bokros MEP on 21 April 2013, MoMa stands for free market, liberal values and champions "individual freedom, the free market, and the freedom of private and intellectual property".
The party claims to be modelled on the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom.
MoMa decided not to participate in the 2014 parliamentary election, because "they do not want to weaken the cooperation of left-wing parties with separate candidates." Bokros criticized and resented that his party were excluded from the alliance. Later MoMa formally asked its supporters to vote Unity in the 2014 general election, after receiving constitutional guarantees from the left-wing opposition.
The party planned to run in the 2014 European Parliament election, however its registration was refused by the National Election Office (NVI). As a result Bokros lost his European Parliament mandate. Bokros also ran for Mayor of Budapest in the 2014 municipal election. On 29 September 2014, two other candidates, the independent György Magyar and candidate of the leftist opposition parties' Ferenc Falus withdrew from the election and supported Bokros. Bokros received 36.04 % of the votes and came second after István Tarlós. He was supported by Together 2014, the Democratic Coalition and the Budapest branch of the Hungarian Socialist Party.
- "MEP Bokros, controversial former finance minister, founds new free-market political party". Budapest Business Journal. 22 April 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "„Kommunistából konzervatív?" Bokros Lajos a MoMa élére állt". mno.hu. 21 April 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Vagyunk mi olyan súlyosak, mint Fodorék". 18 January 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Bokros's group to support Unity from outside". 19 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Mégsem indulhat Bokros az EP-választáson". 5 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "Falus Ferenc visszalép". 28 September 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Tarlós István harca csak most kezdődik". 13 October 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.