Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg
Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg (Polish: Matylda Brunszwicka-Lüneburga, German: Mechthild von Braunschweig-Lüneburg) (1276 – 26 April 1318) was a German princess and member of the House of Welf. By birth, she was a duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg and by marriage Duchess of Glogów, Ścinawa, etc.
During her marriage, Matilda gave birth to nine children, five sons and four daughters. After Henry III's death in 1309, and despite the fact that her eldest son Henry IV the Faithful was of legal age to rule by himself, Matilda became the regent of her late husband's Duchies (except Glogów, which was given to her by Henry III in his will as her Oprawa wdowia) until 1312.
- Henry IV the Faithful (b. ca. 1292 – d. 22 January 1342).
- Konrad I (b. ca. 1294 – d. 22 December 1366).
- Bolesław (b. ca. 1295 – d. bef. 23 April 1321).
- Agnes (b. ca. 1296 – d. 25 December 1361), married firstly on 18 May 1309 to Otto III, Duke of Bavaria and secondly in 1329 to Alram, Count of Hals.
- Salome (b. ca. 1297 – d. bef. 9 December 1309).
- Jan (b. ca. 1298 – d. by 19 May 1365).
- Katharina (b. ca. 1300 – d. 5 December 1323/26), married firstly bef. 24 March 1317 to John V, Margrave of Brandenburg-Salzwedel and secondly by 27 January 1319 to John III, Count of Holstein-Plön.
- Przemko II (b. ca. 1305 – d. 11 January 1331).
- Hedwig (b. ca. 1308 – d. bef. December 1309).
On her death, Glogów was inherited by her sons Henry IV and Przemko II as co-rulers until 1321, when they divided their domains and Przemko II retained Glogów as sole ruler.
|Ancestors of Matilda of Brunswick-Lüneburg|
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Welf". Genealogy.EU.
- Cawley, Charles, BRUNSWICK, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy,
- Genealogical database by Herbert Stoyan
Matilda of Brunswick-LüneburgBorn: 1276 Died: 26 April 1318
|Duchess of Glogów
| Succeeded by|
Henry IV the Faithful
and Przemko II