Madawi al-Rasheed (Arabic: مضاوي الرشيد; born October 1962) is a Saudi Arabian professor of social anthropology. She was at the department of Theology and Religious Studies in King's College London. She is currently Visiting Professor at the Middle East Centre at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She gives occasional lectures in the United States, Europe and the Middle East. She is the granddaughter of Mohammed bin Talal al-Rasheed, the last prince of Emirate of Ha'il. She has written several books and articles in academic journals on the Arabian Peninsula, Arab migration, globalisation, gender and religious transnationalism.
In 2016 she is Visiting Research Professor at the Middle East Institute, at the National University of Singapore
She is active on Twitter.
- 2015 Al-Rasheed, M. Muted Modernists: The Struggle over Divine Politics in Saudi Arabia, London: Hurst and Co.
- 2013 Al-Rasheed, M. A Most Masculine State: Gender, Politics and Religion in Saudi Arabia, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- 2010 Al-Rasheed, M. A History of Saudi Arabia, Second Edition, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- 2007 Al-Rasheed, M. Contesting the Saudi State: Islamic Voices from a New Generation, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- 2005 Al-Rasheed, M. Mazaq Al-islah fi al-Saudiyyah fi al-Qarn al-Wahid wa al-Ishrin, London: al-Saqi
- 2002 Al-Rasheed, M. A History of Saudi Arabia, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Also in Arabic, Spanish and Polish.
- 1998 Al-Rasheed, M. Iraqi Assyrian Christians in London: the Construction of Ethnicity, New York: Edwin Mellen Press
- 1991 Al-Rasheed M. Politics in an Arabian Oasis: the Rashidi Tribal Dynasty, London: I.B. Tauris
- 2012 Al-Rasheed, M. Kersten, C. and Shterin, M. (eds,) Demystifying the Caliphate: Historical Memory and Contemporary Contexts, London: Hurst and Co.
- 2009 Al-Rasheed, M. & M. Shterin. (eds.) Dying for Faith: Religiously Motivated Violence in the Contemporary World, London: I.B. Tauris.
- 2008 Al-Rasheed, M. (ed.) Kingdom without Borders: Saudi Political, Religious and Media Expansion, London: Hurst and Co.
- 2005 Al-Rasheed, M. (ed.) Transnational Connections and the Arab Gulf, London: Routledge.
- 2004 Al-Rasheed, M. & R Vitalis (eds.) Counter-Narratives: History, Contemporary Society and Politics in Saudi Arabia and Yemen, New York, Palgrave
- al-Rasheed, Madawi (2012-09-10). موقع الدكتورة مضاوي الرشيد (in Arabic). Archived from the original on 2012-09-16. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- Date information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF) .